Does anyone know the approx cost for a Hysteroscopy to remove an IUD? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does anyone know the approx cost for a Hysteroscopy to remove an IUD? Does anyone know the approx cost for a Hysteroscopy to remove an IUD?

Unread 12-05-2016, 10:34 PM
Does anyone know the approx cost for a Hysteroscopy to remove an IUD?

I have a bicornuated uterus and they need to do a hysteroscopy in a surgical setting to locate and remove the IUD. Does anyone know a roundabout cost for one without insurance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2016, 10:44 PM
Re: Does anyone know the approx cost for a Hysteroscopy to remove an IUD?

I do not know the cost. My insurance covered the removal. I had to have it done in a surgical setting as well, which required my gynecologist and a nurse assisting her. The removal was really fast though - so I would think it would not be that expensive.

Maybe just call around to local gynecologists and ask? I know there can be a wide swing in costs for various medical treatments, even in the same city.
Unread 12-05-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn12347 View Post
Does anyone know a roundabout cost for one without insurance?
It would be impossible for us to give you a number that would be anywhere near accurate. Costs vary depending on facility, region, surgeon, anesthesia, and so much more. Facilities next door to each other can charge different amounts for the same procedure with the same surgeon as their costs can vary depending on equipment, overhead, and 101 other factors. Procedures in different cities and states can vary even more.

The only way to find a number that's even close to being accurate is to speak to your surgeon, the facility where you would have the procedure, the anesthesiology department, radiology, and possibly some others to find out what each would charge when there is no insurance involvement. Even what is charged can vary because of contractual agreements.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2016, 11:51 AM

That's a good point, Weiser... while for me the actual removal was fast and only local anesthetic used, I did have to have an ultrasound and MRI prior to the removal, to identify the location since it really got pushed up and behind a big fibroid (so the ultrasound couldn't see it... and the MRI barely could). The costs could add up...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register