anyone got a lopsided abdomen ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone got a lopsided abdomen ? anyone got a lopsided abdomen ?

Unread 10-24-2005, 10:12 AM
anyone got a lopsided abdomen ?

I went to see my GP this morning and one of the questions I had for her was whether i had developed a hernia. I thought I had because there is a large protusion on the left of my nave which when I am lying down makes my abdomen lop sided and that side feels hard and the other side feels soft( rather like when I was pregnant and the baby moved to one side and when I was lying down I could see where the head was). In addition my abdomen is generally very distended which I could do without as I'm overweight to start withand now none of my clothes fit. Anyway I told her that the gynaecologist had said that the distention might be permanent expecting her to give me some reassurance. Instead she said it isn't unusual at all to end up lopsided as it's the way the internal stitches are done which is easier doing on one side and that it will be permanent.
Has anyone else had this or been told that might happen ? On the scale of my concerns this is way down the list but this one is a complete revelation to me.
I'm interested to hear from you
Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2005, 11:40 AM

Hi, I had a tah/bso over 3 years ago now. My tummy is slightly lopsided. The left side sticks out a little farther than the right side.I noticed it after my initial healing after my surgery. It's not noticable at all when I'm dressed so I don't let it bother me much. I had not been told of the possibility and have also been told that it's permament.

Best wishes.

S
Unread 10-24-2005, 12:30 PM

Mine is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2005, 02:19 PM

My right side is harder and becomes swollen much more than my left. I saw my OB/GYN today and she told me it was not part of "normal healing" I'm not normal girls!! (I could of all ready told you that-lol) I am so glad to read others do have it and I am only 5 weeks I was hoping today would be an encouraging visit but instead it was quite discouraging to hear. I still have hope it will go away more but if not at least I don't have to feel alone and so "abnormal".
Unread 10-24-2005, 04:05 PM

Yes, I had a vertical incision on 9/19/05 and noticed that the left side is more swollen than the right.

It really looks bad when I'm standing up and I am sooooo
sore. Seems worse than the first 2 or 3 weeks out.

I'm getting ready to post a new post on this-it is worrying me.

Sweet Pea in SC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register