Torn bladder.....leaking through the vagina | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Torn bladder.....leaking through the vagina Torn bladder.....leaking through the vagina

Unread 07-19-2011, 02:54 AM
Torn bladder.....leaking through the vagina

The title says it all really

Can it go any further downhill

I'm having a scan tomorrow to see how bad the tear is and then the surgeon will decide whether to operate or just stick a catheter in for 6 weeks and wait and see.

Has anyone else been through this? I was too shocked to ask the doctor about the surgery and what's involved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Re: Torn bladder.....leaking through the vagina

Hi Kiriwina,
I have not had a torn bladder but I had a bladder resection during my TAH.
The repair may be done laproscopic and may require a hospital stay of overnight.
You will have a catheter either way. When the bladder fills with urine it creates pressure and that is what you need to avoid. The catheter will keep your bladder empty so that there is no pressure and gives the bladder time to heal. Near the end of your healing time a cystogram may be done to see if there is any leaking, hopefully when it's time for the catheter to come out the doc will fill your bladder, pull the catheter have you urinate, and then do an ultrasound immediately after to make sure your bladder emptied completely.
Will you be followed by a urologist?
I hope this helps
Unread 07-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Re: Torn bladder.....leaking through the vagina

My bladder was injured during my surgery - it didn't show up until 10 days later. I didn't leak into my vagina, I leaked into my abdomen. I didn't know the pain I was feeling wasn't normal post op pain.

My surgery was laproscopic - they even reused some of the suture sites from my daVinci survey. I felt better immediately. I had a catheter for 12 days to let my bladder heal.

At first in was very depressed that something had gone wrong. But the relief I felt after the surgery, plus how quickly I started to recover once everything was fixed helped me get over that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register