Belly rash 2 weeks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Belly rash 2 weeks post-op Belly rash 2 weeks post-op

Unread 02-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Belly rash 2 weeks post-op

Has anyone encountered a belly rash after surgery? I had very itchy rashes around the tape sites (I had robotic laproscopic), which have now developed into an overall belly rash. Interestingly, it's not particularly itchy now, just funny looking. Wondering why this is and if anyone has had a similar experience?
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Re: Belly rash 2 weeks post-op

If its just around the area where the bandages were, it could be a reaction to the adhesive on them. I know I am allergic to latex and most adhesives, so we always need to make special arrangements to have the correct bandages on. You might want to check with your doctors office to see what they recomend to help aleviate the rash.
Unread 02-08-2013, 07:23 AM

I had this rash too, and even though I'm not allergic to anything, the doc said it was a reaction to the adhesive. I guess our skin is used to breathing and if its covered up for any length of time, normal skin moisture and dead skin cells can cause problems locked up under the sticky stuff.

My solution was to wash as recommended and then air dry for a half an hour or so before covering it up again. I used to lie down topless, on top of the bed covers for a while after a wash, before covering it up again. Hope it clears up soon for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2013, 09:50 PM

I had it too. It started around my tape/ glue and slowly spread. It was mad itchy! It didn't go away entirely until all the surgical glue made its way out of my incisions/scabs.
Unread 02-09-2013, 04:07 AM

I had it too my dr said it was an allergic reaction to the antibiotic he injected during surgery. It went away after 3 weeks post op
Unread 02-10-2013, 05:50 AM

Thank you for the pointers everyone! I am using a little baby oil a couple times a day to try and remove any remaining adhesive, and drinking lots of water. Called Dr. and she said to take Benedryl f it's itchy and come in for a visit if it doesn't clear up a couple days.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register