Scheduled TAH was questioning surgery until my period came. And I have a weekend getaway scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

was questioning surgery until my period came. And I have a weekend getaway scheduled was questioning surgery until my period came. And I have a weekend getaway scheduled

Unread 03-29-2013, 06:41 PM
was questioning surgery until my period came. And I have a weekend getaway scheduled

I was wondering if I really should be getting this hysterectomy. Is it THAT bad?, do I really need to put myself through this? Surgery is serious & scary, is it really necessary?

Now that I've been hemorrhaging for 5 days and throwing clots and sweating from pain,,,the answer is YES.

I'm having a TAH on April 18th. And I'm not going to miss this horror That befalls me & causes me many miseries.

And OF COURSE , I had a weekend getaway planned in a nice place with my guy and here I will be sleeping in pants, ontop of towels that I will be bringing, along with the menagerie of tampons & pads. GREAT. How romantic.

I'm 41, and cant go through this the next 12 years at least.

Just venting,,I'm so upset the ONE weekend I have something special planned is going to be ruined..ugh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Re: was questioning surgery until my period came. And I have a weekend getaway schedu

Sorry to hear that your weekend is ruined. I had the same problems with bleeding and I'm so very glad I don't have to go thru that ever again.
Unread 03-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Re: was questioning surgery until my period came. And I have a weekend getaway schedu

I had my TAH almost five weeks ago. I so understand your feelings about your weekend. I have been there so many times! The surgery will be worth it though. I feel better than I have in so long! Just hang in there a little longer sister! As for your weekend I know it's so tough. I'm sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2013, 08:01 PM

wintergrace -

Feel free to vent away! You are with a bunch of ladies who understand. I am so sorry your weekend is ruined by your period. Hopefully you can still enjoy it somewhat.

Unread 03-29-2013, 08:06 PM

We have the same date for surgery and I know exactly how you feel. I can't tell you how many trips have been postponed or ruined due to my uterus. I have fears about the surgery but am SO ready to live my life again. Just try to keep in mind that all will be better soon. Best wishes!
Unread 03-29-2013, 08:19 PM

I'm right there with you on this one! I feel exactly the same! When the blood isn't gushing all the doubts creep into your mind. All the things we women have been told all our lives, and we question ourselves, "Am I having an emotional overreaction to this?", "Is it really that bad?", "Do I really need surgery?"

Then, you get your period and you are like hemorraging (sorry about spelling) and you wonder why you ever doubted yourself in the first place! Like, why is it like a crime scene? Why am I sleeping in a pool of blood? Why did I change my clothes 3 times in the middle of the night? Is it really reasonable to spend so much time handwashing blood out of your clothes? Is it really realistic to spend so much money on detergent, stain remover, and valuable time on this?

The answer is "No". It is not OK. My Mom never had this problem. A lot of my friends never had this problem. The answer is that I have a malfunctioning organ that needs to be removed. If my water pump in my car was leaking I would just remove it and replace it (which actually happened). There is no emotion involved. But, because we get 1 uterus, and that is it, I think it is perfectly natural to feel loss, and also because it is part of our body, which is not a car. It is irreplaceable. Not only that, but it is all interwined with our womanhood, our sexuality, our motherhood, and our other organs. It's a pretty big deal. But, if there wasn't something wrong with it then we wouldn't be doing this surgery.

So, I choose life. I choose not having blood everywhere. I choose not having super tampons and super pads and towels under me. I choose not to have this stress and anxiety plague me. I choose to take care of the rest of me. If that means giving up my uterus, then so be it.

At least we will be free. Can you imagine if we had this problem a hundred years ago, or several hundred years ago? There wouldn't really be much they could do for us. We may have to go through some pain and loss, but at least the rest of us is saved. At least we can go on to live our lives.

It was the image of seeing blood all over my bed sheets, blankets, bedroom floor, pajamas, underwear, bathroom floor, toilet, shower, etc. that woke me up. We deserve more dignity as women than to go through this.

God bless us all, and keep us well, and heal our hearts for what we've lost, and give us hope for what we will gain, and give us peace for making the decisions we've had to for ourselves. Time heals all wounds. A new day will come.
Unread 03-29-2013, 10:05 PM

Hope you are able to enjoy your weekend. My surgery date is April 18th also. I was orginally scheduled to go in May, but after a weekend of period pains and fibroids causing me grief.....I called my doctor and had him give me an earlier date. I'm 41, as well and kept thinking maybe I should wait, but last weekend was clearly an indication that the time is now. I'm trying to absorb all the information I can, but I am anxious and nervous about the surgery. I keep thinking of the pain going away and that alone gives me peace.
Unread 03-30-2013, 05:09 AM

Thank you all so Much....Its just SO darn frustrating it makes me crazy. Wanted to have SOME kind of fun before I'm flat out and cant even plan that...

So great to have women that understand,, nobody really realizes unless they go through it what an emotional issue it is as well.

"oh just wear a tampon"--NO its NOT that simple!! I had blood all over the floor and toilet bowl last night,,every 1/2 hr or so...
Had to take a sleeping pill to try to get some sleep due to the pain & discomfort of all the bleeding.

I dont have to explain any of this to my Hyster sisters, you know the deal....

And my fellow April 18th sisters we can keep each other company recouperating....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register