Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 04, 2016 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 04, 2016 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 04, 2016

Unread 09-04-2016, 03:17 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 04, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy44 View Post
From what I understand, if my surgery is early in the day (I have to be there for 7:30am) there may be a chance if coming home the same day. Knowing my luck though, I won't be operated on till the afternoon in which case I'm hoping to be out the next day if all goes well.
Oh wow y so early? Are you having laparoscopic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2016, 03:18 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Sep 04, 2016

Wow, this is great, back home quickly. Nothing like that here (Luxembourg).
Unread 09-04-2016, 03:27 AM

I'm in England.
Yes, mines scheduled to be laparascopic so hopefully that won't change once I'm there.
It seems to be the case that once the catheter is out and you can wee you are ok to go home!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2016, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy44 View Post
I'm in England.
Yes, mines scheduled to be laparascopic so hopefully that won't change once I'm there.
It seems to be the case that once the catheter is out and you can wee you are ok to go home!!
I am admitted to the ward already this afternoon. They will prep me for tomorrow morning. Not sure, perhaps it is better to sleep the last pre-op night at home.
So hang in there Ladies!
Unread 09-04-2016, 06:02 AM

You and I will be in surgery at the same time. I'm quite nervous as well. Having a LAVH and the plan is to keep my ovaries, unless they look angry. 2 more sleeps until we start finding relief for our problems. We can do this!
Sending hugs!
Unread 09-04-2016, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee 24 View Post
How long is everyone expecting to stay hospital for?
I'm having a LAVH, removing uterus, cervix, and tubes. My doctor said I'll have to stay at least 1 night. If I don't recover well I may have to stay longer, but that isn't typical so fingers crossed I go home the next day.
Unread 09-04-2016, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee 24 View Post
Hi all, I'm getting nervous even more now as my surgery is scheduled 8am 6th September, only 2 more sleeps!!
I'm having a TAH (possibly my ovaries, my doctor said he will have a proper look once he's in there)
I'm terrified something will go wrong!!
You and I will be in surgery at the same time. I'm quite nervous as well. Having a LAVH and the plan is to keep my ovaries, unless they look angry. 2 more sleeps until we start finding relief for our problems. We can do this!
Sending hugs!
Unread 09-04-2016, 06:10 AM

Good Morning! My surgery is scheduled for 8 September. Lapro with a chance of abdominal because I have a bicornuate uterus (double uterus). Think a uterus with bunny ears. Vaginal is not an option because of the enlarged size. I'm 41 years old and have just recently found this out. It explains a lot actually. Keeping my ovaries. I'm terrified of this surgery! I had an open gall bladder surgery when I was in my 20's and the pain/recovery was unbearable and long. I'm trying to stay positive and hoping that this surgery will be able to be completed lapro as I don't want to have to go through that again. Healing thoughts to everyone!
Unread 09-04-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK126 View Post
Sending hugs!
Great! Hang in there! Let us know how you will be doing post op! I will post something as soon as I can too I am scared stiff, nevertheless... I so dislike needles....
Unread 09-04-2016, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by izakop View Post
Great! Hang in there! Let us know how you will be doing post op! I will post something as soon as I can too I am scared stiff, nevertheless... I so dislike needles....
I can't imagine someone NOT being nervous. We are all hopeful for better health and looking forward to being healed & feeling great, it's just that pesky surgery & recovery that has our stomach in knots.

Best of luck! Keep me posted!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register