Hormone Imbalance? Violent mood swings? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hormone Imbalance? Violent mood swings? Hormone Imbalance? Violent mood swings?

Unread 04-14-2015, 03:38 PM
Hormone Imbalance? Violent mood swings?

Hi ladies! I need your help!! I have 3 weeks before my hysterectomy surgery. In the mean time my poor family is suffering. :-( The Dr has already said my hormones are out of whack so I at least know what's going on, but I have been having the worst headaches and violent mood swings ever and they aren't getting better. My memory has gone down hill and my mind is all mixed up and makes it difficult to process anything. ( If this post is all over the place then please forgive me. Lol) Do any of you amazing ladies have any advice for relief for myself and family? Any ideas to help tide me over until my surgery??
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2015, 07:56 PM

I had something similar. My doctor said in addition to my hormone imbalance I was also stressed. Gave me low dose of Valium, worked 90%. Probably saved my marriage Also after surgery I started Estroven Mood asap to help with the sudden drop in hormones. Had both ovaries removed and HRT is not an option for me. Hope this helps. Defiantly call your Dr. My GP saved me.
Unread 04-14-2015, 08:09 PM
Re: Hormone Imbalance? Violent mood swings?

KadiG88 -

I would definitely talk to your doctor to see if he or she can give you anything to help. What works for one person may not work for another. In addition, why are you having the surgery? Are you having your ovaries removed with your uterus?

Know you are not alone in this. We are here for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2015, 08:56 PM

Thank you ladies!! I'm having a TAH minus my right ovary. My uterus,cervix, left fallopian and ovary and my right fallopian are all coming out. The mood swings have been horrendous. I've never in my life experienced anything like this and I just feel my questions arent being taken serious and answered fully. For a woman who has never experienced fluctuations like this a little compassion goes a long way! I truely trust my Dr. His one nurse on the other hand has been difficult to say the least. I just want to know what's going on with my body and why its acting the way it is and how ,if anything, can I help manage until my surgery.
Unread 04-14-2015, 09:10 PM

I totally feel your pain and frustration. I went through hell with my Dr. I was on depo for 8 years to try and suppress my endo. Feb 2014 suddenly my moods took a turn for the worse. Dr thought it was stress from work, school and moving. No this was not stress! Then in July my endo came back. After my next depo injection I started getting sick. Nausea, headaches, dizziness...basically pregnancy symptoms. And mood swings from 0-60 in 1 sec. For me I knew it was hormone related. It felt like my body was rejecting the artificial hormones. But no one would listen to me. Finally I just stopped the injections. Said to say but it was to the point that I'd rather deal with the full force endo pain than be *****y (sorry) all the time. It helped with the nausea, dizzy spells and fatique. But not the moods. Hense the anxiety meds. Still think it was jat a temporary bandaid but for me it got me through surgery. I hate that dr's are not willing to listen to what our bodies are telling us. All to often we give up out of frustration.
Please know we are all here to support you through this. You are not crazy! Sending my best wishes your way!!
Unread 04-14-2015, 09:18 PM

Thank you so much Kat! You ladies are so incredibly strong!! I feel like such a baby because ive only been dealing with this the last couple of months.and the symptoms just gradually keep getting worse. I'm sooo ready to be on top of my game again but I know that's not going to happen any time soon.I HATE feeling this way and I HATE lashing out at my kids and husband. It's not their fault! The headaches and mood swings and brain scrambling have really hindered the quality of life for me. I'm a stay at home mom who homeschools and its just getting incredibly difficult to do simple tasks like laundry. ( I'm sorry I'm complaing, I'm just frustrated) . How did you manage with the feelings of guilt and worthlessness ( if you had them?)
Unread 04-14-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadiG88 View Post
Thank you so much Kat! You ladies are so incredibly strong!! I feel like such a baby because ive only been dealing with this the last couple of months.and the symptoms just gradually keep getting worse. I'm sooo ready to be on top of my game again but I know that's not going to happen any time soon.I HATE feeling this way and I HATE lashing out at my kids and husband. It's not their fault! The headaches and mood swings and brain scrambling have really hindered the quality of life for me. I'm a stay at home mom who homeschools and its just getting incredibly difficult to do simple tasks like laundry. ( I'm sorry I'm complaing, I'm just frustrated) . How did you manage with the feelings of guilt and worthlessness ( if you had them?)
I'm so sorry you're going through this. I went through the same exact problem on and off for several years, including as recently as a few months before my hysterectomy. I felt like a horrible wife and mother (I also homeschool), I was constantly yelling and getting mad for no reason, and yes it was putting a strain on my marriage : (

At first I was told it was PMDD, then I was told it was extreme hormone imbalance then just a form of depression. Years ago my gynocologist (at the time) prescribed some sort of anti depressant to take only 2 wks a month, but the med gave me such horrible migraines I stopped taking it. After that I was put on BC to try to balance my hormones and control my bleeding...it only worked for a couple months.

And most recently, after I went to my GP for help, I was prescribed a newer antidepressant along w/ Lunesta (a sleep aid). And so far it seems to be working, although I had to stop taking the Lunesta b/c it gave me hives (which was sad b/c the Lunesta really was working). At first I didn't tell my DH I was on a new med...I wanted to see if it would make a difference first...it improved things so much for me that after a few weeks my DH said he noticed I was in a better mood and seemed much calmer : )

Like the other ladies have said, go to your GP for help.
Unread 04-14-2015, 09:43 PM

Thank you Jupiter! As of right now I do not have a GP just my gyno at this point.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register