28 w/ PCOS & I dont know if I should choose Hysterectomy as the answer... | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

28 w/ PCOS & I dont know if I should choose Hysterectomy as the answer... 28 w/ PCOS & I dont know if I should choose Hysterectomy as the answer...

Unread 06-22-2012, 05:44 PM
28 w/ PCOS & I dont know if I should choose Hysterectomy as the answer...

Hey I am 28 and I have no kids. I have PCOS and have tried to have a baby for 7 years with just many miscarriages. I am bleeding extremely heavy for months at a time, and very overwheight. Also very moody and stressed. I need some advice. I need to know if this would be a good Idea, to have a hysterectomy at this age, with no children. I have always wanted a large family, but being healthy and happy seems more important at this time. I just dont want to regret my decission!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Re: 28 and I dont know if I should choose Hysterectomy as the answer...

You are so young. and to go into surgical menapause is not fun. Have you seeked second opinions. Other options. Medical has advanced so much with so many other methods. Is it possiable to take something to lesson the heavy bleeding. I would talk to your doct in length about this before deciding
Unread 06-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Re: 28 and I dont know if I should choose Hysterectomy as the answer...

I would not advise at all to have a hysterectomy at such a young age to solve a non-life threatening condition. A hysterectomy is a bell you can't unring. I tried for 6 years to get pregnant, and so understand what that feels like. At 28 I may have felt like I could give up and go on with my life, but now at 36 I have the wisdome to know that I was too young to have made such a life changing decision.

Have you tried to control your bleeding and PCOS symptoms with the pill or what about Mirena?

As for trying to get pregnant, if your heart is still set on having a big family try exercising and eating clean for a while. A healthier lifestyle can do wonders for our fertility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Re: 28 w/ PCOS & I dont know if I should choose Hysterectomy as the answer...

Hi,

I had the same choice to make i am a little older than you but not by much i am 31 i had my op in the 20th Aug 2012.

I to have had no kids my husband and i have tried for a child for 14years and i have been through IVF and each time it worked i lost it at aroud 8 weeks.

over the last few years i have had some bad comlications with the PCOS and have been on meds to stop me bleeding this was only ment to be short term that was in 2009 but each time they took me off the med the bleeding and cramping came back so i would go back on the meds these meds caused blinding migraines. My husband and i had made the choice that we wanted to have a hyter but I had this issues of finding a gyno that would do it one cos of my age and two cos we had no kids.

I found a gyno that agreed to the op and even though i have PCOS i kept my overies as they are not at this stage a majoy cause of pain (but the op will happen to have them removed when i am a bit older) I am now at my 6 week mark after the operation and have come off of the hormones and other meds that were stoping me from bleeding and i must say i actual feel better than i have in a long while.

This is one of the hardest choices you will make to give up the chance to carry your own baby but sometime this is not what is important your health is. It is a hard choice but it is yours and only tou can make it and aslong as you have support around you in your choice you will be fine. I still think what if but i would not be human if i didn't.

I hope your op went well and you have recovered well

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register