question..lobular uterus described in sonogram | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

question..lobular uterus described in sonogram question..lobular uterus described in sonogram

Unread 10-02-2012, 07:36 PM
question..lobular uterus described in sonogram

I need assistance ladies. I went to see a new obgyn and who reviewed my sonogram that said:

The uterus is certainly generous at 10.5 x 6.2 x 6.3 cm. There is, however, a 4.2 x 5 cm probable
Ieiomyoma in the lower uterine segment. This certainly could contribute to the overall size ofthe uterus. The
endometrium is normal at 0.49 cm, however. The left ovary has been removed. The right ovary is 3.7 x 2.2 x 3.5 cm. On
the right side, there is a 1.7 x 1.9 cm ovarian cyst. Images were obtained of the urinary bladder and jets of urine can be
seen coming into the bladder from both ureters. There are several nabothian cysts as well.

The doctor did an office ultrasound and did NOT see a fibroid. He said he saw my intestines up against my bladder and was very confused by what the sonogram said versus what he saw. He asked for a second reading it said:

In reviewing this study, the uterus does appear to be somewhat bulky and lobular, particularly in the lower uterine
segment. lsuspecl: that the mass suggested on the initial reading could be secondary tovshadowing from bowel causing
the appearance of a mass in the uterus. On transverse scans, there is the suggestion of a mass in the lower uterine
segment but it appears to be fairly circumferential, atypical for a fibroid which is usually eccentric.

IMPRESSION: I supposed that the abnormality noted on ultrasound previously ńould be due to shadowing
but there is certainly a suggestion of a mass in the lower uterine segment. The uterus does appear to be somewhat
lobular and echogenically înhomogeneous.

Now I am really worried because when I look up lobular and echogenically inhomogeneous, that looks like cancer. Has anyone ever heard this before? I am scheduled for a pelvic MRI on Friday, but now am really concerned. I have heard the term hysterectomy many times in the past week and just want to understand what this might be saying if it isn't a fibroid and am not sure if the word of my doctor versus the two doctors who read the ultrasound is more reliable? any thoughts? I am a 43 year old with a tilted uterus and went in due to bladder pressure and frequent urination. No excessive bleeding. Some pain - but always have it with sex because of the tilted uterus.
Edit/Delete Message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register