Not Sure What To Do? Ovary cysts & more... | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not Sure What To Do? Ovary cysts & more... Not Sure What To Do? Ovary cysts & more...

Unread 10-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Not Sure What To Do? Ovary cysts & more...

I found out that I have two Cystitis on my left ovary and one on my right, I also have very heavy periods and the cramps have become totally unbearable. I have bleeding inbetween periods and feels like I have cramps all the time. So for right now my doctor has desided to take the left ovary and then just remove the cystit on the right, and she is also going to do a endometrial ablation. My question is should I just go ahead and have a full hysterectomy and get it over with because these symptoms could come back and i would have to go though it all again but really really scared of going into menopause? Also I read that the right ovary could also die once the left is removed? So confused
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Re: Not Sure What To Do???????

Hi millerrtvl

Kudos to your doc for recommending a less-invasive treatment for you. Perhaps it will be a good solution for your symptoms.

Have you had a 2nd or 3rd medical opinion? I hope you are able to find the right answers soon. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 10-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Re: Not Sure What To Do? Ovary cysts & more...

I'm in a similar situation. Torn between a hysterectomy or a less invasive laparoscopy with d and c and ablation. I also have cysts, painful periods (though due to endometriosis), a fibroid, polyps and bleeding between periods. I am leaning towards the less invasive to give me more time to process the decision of having a hysterectomy. My obgyn said I most likely will be back in his office in 2-3 more years. I thought it's worth a try, though I'd like to be done with it all, my kids are just too young for such a long recovery for mommy at this time. Bleh. I am so tired of thinking about it, but the discomfort is a constant reminder! Whatever you decide, I wish you the best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Re: Not Sure What To Do? Ovary cysts & more...

I am in a similar situation. I have a large cyst on my left ovary, which really needs to come out. I also have a fibroid in my uterus. Given my age and that menopause will be here in a few years, I'm debating about having my uterus removed. I also have endometriosis.

I have heavy bleeding, but my gyn put me back on the pill to regulate my cycle which has really helped. I just have a lot of bloating from the cyst and fibroid. I am going to have the cyst removed. I'm just waiting to get my second opinion next week.

My kids are fairly young as well (9 and 6) and are homeschooled. I'm not a very good patient so I'm hoping for the less invasive so I don't have to behave as long.

It's a tough choice, especially when the kids are young. I've wrestled with this for a while. Unfortunately, doctors don't always understand that you need time to process. Mine didn't get it, until I laid it all out for him. The first surgeon I saw didn't get it either, even after I laid it out. Thus my second opinion.

This is a tough choice. Listen to your little voice and do what it says. Trusting your gut is usually the best choice.

Hugs!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register