Size of fibroids and uterus | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Size of fibroids and uterus Size of fibroids and uterus

Unread 06-30-2016, 04:27 PM
Size of fibroids and uterus

So I'm not exactly sure how to read the report from my Dr regarding my ultrasound. From what I can tell my uterus isn't that enlarged and the fibroids aren't that big, but there are 4. It doesn't say what type they are. It does seem to say there is something abnormal about the endometrial lining and that its thickened but I'm not sure. And that my uterus is tipped. What I don't understand is why my stomach is so distended if my uterus isn't that big and why I feel so much pressure and backache and achey legs. I've been off hormones a week and have not had the bleeding I had in the past which is good, but I have all the other symptoms including the headache, hot flashes and night sweats. I just don't understand why these things are happening are if the size isn't there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2016, 06:55 PM

Fibroids are hard. Mine pushed into my back causing back aches and constipation. Big as it was it didn't push into my bladder. What hurts is probably dependent on where it's situated. I've had a lot of swelling with my fibroid. Maybe inflammation is what it actually is?? I don't know. I do know fibroids are nasty and rarely get smaller without intervention. I suggest UAE which treats all at once. They'll shrink to virtually nothing without major surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86rokchik View Post
So I'm not exactly sure how to read the report from my Dr regarding my ultrasound. From what I can tell my uterus isn't that enlarged and the fibroids aren't that big, but there are 4. It doesn't say what type they are. It does seem to say there is something abnormal about the endometrial lining and that its thickened but I'm not sure. And that my uterus is tipped. What I don't understand is why my stomach is so distended if my uterus isn't that big and why I feel so much pressure and backache and achey legs. I've been off hormones a week and have not had the bleeding I had in the past which is good, but I have all the other symptoms including the headache, hot flashes and night sweats. I just don't understand why these things are happening are if the size isn't there?
Unread 06-30-2016, 08:37 PM
Re: Size of fibroids and uterus

Quote:
Did they perform a biopsy of your uterine lining, or talking about one? My doctor took a sample of the tissue because it was triple the size it should have been and my uterine lining was also thick. That's when I was diagnosed with cancer...but everyone is different and all results don't necessarily mean cancer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2016, 05:47 AM

She said she was going to do and endometrial biopsy. I was very concerned when I saw that circled on my results. Would that mean they'd take everything out?
Unread 07-01-2016, 10:30 AM

The endometrial biopsy is a normal, standard procedure before any uterine "intervention." It just rules out cancer. I have had one before each UAE and myomectomy. Don't stress... it's just a precaution and does not mean anything is suspected.

I would ask your doctor for a MRI. It gives a much better image of the uterus and fibroid sizes/locations than an ultrasound.

Good luck!
Unread 07-01-2016, 11:15 AM

I've had it before, I'm more concerned with the result of the sono showing the abnormal thickened endo.
Unread 07-08-2016, 04:37 PM

xxx
Unread 07-08-2016, 04:53 PM

That's my fear. I'm more afraid of having my ovaries, cervix and vagina removed than dying. I don't want to not be able to have sex. I used to worried about drying up after menopause, I had no idea that they removed the cervix and part of vagina. I just can't imagine it.
Unread 07-09-2016, 04:55 AM

Quote:
That's my fear. I'm more afraid of having my ovaries, cervix and vagina removed than dying. I don't want to not be able to have sex. I used to worried about drying up after menopause, I had no idea that they removed the cervix and part of vagina. I just can't imagine it.
Don't worry, you will be able to have sex afterwards. I had a vaginal hysterectomy 3 months ago. My uterus (including fibroids) Fallopian tubes and cervix were removed. Apart from my vagina feeling different inside, (when you feel with your fingers) sex is the same as it was before. Better actually because I've spent 3 months doing pelvic floor exercises 3 times a day! Don't try too soon, we waited 10 weeks, but I had a posterior repair done at the same time so had a scar inside my vagina on the back wall as well as stitches where my cervix was removed and I had stitches in my perineum too. I no longer have to worry about constant periods stopping me from making plans and enjoying life to the full. I'm 56 next month and have many years of good life and sex to look forward to.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register