Sex after laparoscopic hysterectomy withOUT oophrectomy? Fears have me considering myomectomy instead. | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives


With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Sex after laparoscopic hysterectomy withOUT oophrectomy?  Fears have me considering myomectomy instead. Sex after laparoscopic hysterectomy withOUT oophrectomy? Fears have me considering myomectomy instead.

Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 07-07-2016, 09:42 PM
Sex after laparoscopic hysterectomy withOUT oophrectomy? Fears have me considering myomectomy instead.

Laparospic hysterectomy without oophrectomy scheduled for mid July due to large uterine fibroid, debilitating periods, and us being done having kids. Doc says I could go home the same day after the 2 hr hyster but would need to stay in the hospital 2-3 days after the 5-6 hour myomectomy. I'm still breastfeeding, so I was hoping for the "hysterical" path of least resistance UNTIL I started researching post op problems with hysterectomies. They seem to include leg nerve or circulation issues, weight gain, exhaustion, depression, and a LOT of sexual issues: cut nerves mean decreased sensation, there is less circulation to the ovaries so decreased hormone production, inability to have an orgasm or "uterine?" orgasm, decreased or absent g-spot, clitoral, or nipple sensation and poor lubrication. My doc also says the cervix does nothing for lubrication and there's no point in keeping it. I've read conflicting info on this.

So---anyone on the other side of what I'm facing, since this is so anonymous, would you please be as blunt and detailed as possible--what is sex like after a Laparospic hysterectomy withOUT oophrectomy and did you keep your cervix? It would be the worst to spend the rest of our lives having sexual problems if I just should have had a myomectomy instead. Seeing the doc ASAP for another consult with new MRI images to see if myomectomy is an option. Probably going to lean that way, just out of fear of all the negative permanent post op complications I've read about. Tho no more periods sounds pretty good. At this point, I'm just trusting the surgeon vs the internet, so it would be invaluable to me to hear some real advice and experiences. thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Unread 07-08-2016, 12:04 AM
Re: Sex after laparoscopic hysterectomy withOUT oophrectomy



STOP reading posts about bad sex issue on here.

I had to stop reading the post about sex issues on here myself.

I needed to know if I would get an orgasm and I found out 4 weeks after surgery. Yes I can get a vaginal and vulva orgasm. YEA!!
No pain or bleeding.

Week 3 your hormones will go crazy and your love jones will arise.
Don't have sex. You will have stitches.
Thats when you will know all your feeling will still be there.

  #3  
Unread 07-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Re: Sex after laparoscopic hysterectomy withOUT oophrectomy? Fears have me considering myomectomy instead.

with WonderDee.

Everyone woman is different in how they are going to heal plus they have most likely had additional procedures also.

I had surgery and six weeks out with an " all clear" things are looking (even with that).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Unread 07-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Sex after laparoscopic hysterectomy withOUT oophrectomy? Fears have me considering myomectomy instead.

What type of fibroids do you have? There are lesser invasive myo's if they are located in the uterine cavity. Mine was in the muscle, seven layers deep. Due to my age I couldn't find a doctor willing to perform a myo and a hyster was not an option due to reasons you cited. For me the hormone debacle seems especially challenging. I was embolized (UAE). My fibroid has shrunk 90 percent (ish), I've gotten my figure back and have my natural hormones. This is performed outside the ob/gyn community. Done by Interventional radiologists. Many of whom specialize in fibroids only. Sex-BTW- is great.
Read about UFE or UAE on Medscape, the Doctor's website. It has an 85% satisfaction rate and is a far less invasive than a hyster or myo.

Have you investigated this option?

T
  Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreline View Post
Laparospic hysterectomy without oophrectomy scheduled for mid July due to large uterine fibroid, debilitating periods, and us being done having kids. Doc says I could go home the same day after the 2 hr hyster but would need to stay in the hospital 2-3 days after the 5-6 hour myomectomy. I'm still breastfeeding, so I was hoping for the "hysterical" path of least resistance UNTIL I started researching post op problems with hysterectomies. They seem to include leg nerve or circulation issues, weight gain, exhaustion, depression, and a LOT of sexual issues: cut nerves mean decreased sensation, there is less circulation to the ovaries so decreased hormone production, inability to have an orgasm or "uterine?" orgasm, decreased or absent g-spot, clitoral, or nipple sensation and poor lubrication. My doc also says the cervix does nothing for lubrication and there's no point in keeping it. I've read conflicting info on this.

So---anyone on the other side of what I'm facing, since this is so anonymous, would you please be as blunt and detailed as possible--what is sex like after a Laparospic hysterectomy withOUT oophrectomy and did you keep your cervix? It would be the worst to spend the rest of our lives having sexual problems if I just should have had a myomectomy instead. Seeing the doc ASAP for another consult with new MRI images to see if myomectomy is an option. Probably going to lean that way, just out of fear of all the negative permanent post op complications I've read about. Tho no more periods sounds pretty good. At this point, I'm just trusting the surgeon vs the internet, so it would be invaluable to me to hear some real advice and experiences. thank you in advance!
  #5  
Unread 07-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Re: Sex after laparoscopic hysterectomy withOUT oophrectomy? Fears have me considering myomectomy instead.

You might want to post your question in the Post-Hysterectomy section of this web site. The "Options and Alternatives" section is for women who are trying to AVOID a hysterectomy and most women here have not had one (me, for example, because everyone in my family who had a hyst had a terrible result). You'll find a lot more women who had hysterectomies on the other section.

Good luck deciding what's best for you! Personally, I figured I would try everything else possible first. I had a laparoscopic myo (DaVinci) for multiple large intramural fiboids in 2013 and I went home the same day. Maybe get a second opinion on why you would need to stay in the hospital so long? It sounds unusual.
  #6  
Unread 07-09-2016, 06:46 AM
Sex after laparoscopic hysterectomy withOUT oophrectomy? Fears have me considering myomectomy instead.

Thank you! I'm so glad it all worked out for you! It's true that when we get an idea in our heads, it can have a powerful manifestation.
  #7  
Unread 07-09-2016, 06:54 AM
Sex after laparoscopic hysterectomy withOUT oophrectomy? Fears have me considering myomectomy instead.

Thank you!
Did the myomectomy resolve your reasons for getting it? So sorry to hear about the other women in your family.

I did try to repost in the post op section (what a great idea!) but the site said "We are sorry but your hysterectomy date does not allow you to start a new discussion. Your surgery date must match requirements for this forum. Are you pre-op? We invite you to post in the Pre-op forum. Are you post-op? Please be aware that some forums are set up for long-term complications. Recent post-op members should post in Post-Op forum. Thanks for understanding."
Also some admin edited my post title to add "fears have me considering myomectomy." Creepy! In journalism, adding words like that would be a big taboo. At least add a note that a moderator has edited this content for perceived accuracy, and notify posters in advance that their posts may be addended!
  #8  
Unread 07-09-2016, 06:56 AM
Sex after laparoscopic hysterectomy withOUT oophrectomy? Fears have me considering myomectomy instead.

I will be asking both docs about that next week--thank you! It has been twice presented to me in a dismissive way (by two surgeons). I have a huge intramural fibroid. So glad something worked for you!!!
  #9  
Unread 07-09-2016, 10:11 AM
Re: Sex after laparoscopic hysterectomy withOUT oophrectomy? Fears have me considering myomectomy instead.

To help clear up some confusion:
  Quote:
Originally Posted by playacalor View Post
You might want to post your question in the Post-Hysterectomy section of this web site. The "Options and Alternatives" section is for women who are trying to AVOID a hysterectomy and most women here have not had one (me, for example, because everyone in my family who had a hyst had a terrible result). You'll find a lot more women who had hysterectomies on the other section.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreline View Post
I did try to repost in the post op section ...
The Options and Alternatives forum is for women exploring options and alternatives either as part of their hysterectomy journey or as they try to avoid a hysterectomy. It is a place for questions related to procedures like myomectomy or where women can decide if a hysterectomy is right for them.

Pre Op is for women who are definitely having a hysterectomy and have questions related to the upcoming procedure. Women who are both pre and post hysterectomy can reply to those threads, sharing their experiences.

Post Op is for women who have already had their hysterectomy and have questions about their recovery. Only women who have had a hysterectomy can reply as others would not have personal experience.

  Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreline View Post
Also some admin edited my post title to add "fears have me considering myomectomy." Creepy! In journalism, adding words like that would be a big taboo. At least add a note that a moderator has edited this content for perceived accuracy, and notify posters in advance that their posts may be addended!
When threads are created, there is a very clear message that titles need to be clear and will be edited to reflect the concerns of the post. In addition, the site guidelines to which all members must agree includes sections which state admin can and will edit titles and posts when necessary.

The original title of this thread made no mention of myomectomy which would have prevented it from being noticed by those who could offer support and experience. The title was edited to be sure you received the best possible support for your concerns.

HysterSisters is a privately owned website with the goal of helping women through their hysterectomy journey. We have over 400,000 members creating 4.7 million posts on 582,000 threads and our hostess staff is all volunteer. As the goal is for every member to have the best support possible, the site has been set up in a way that helps as many as possible get the support they need in as timely of a manner as possible. That means creating forums, requesting specific titles, and trying to read as many posts as we can to be sure women are in the best places and getting the support they are looking for.

More information can be found in the site guidelines and members who have questions are more than welcome to privately contact any member of staff and we will do our best to help.

Reply

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
2 Replies, Last Reply 02-11-2016, Started By kdjp
5 Replies, Last Reply 06-22-2015, Started By cdan
20 Replies, Last Reply 05-12-2015, Started By myu008
1 Reply, Last Reply 10-03-2014, Started By Ms. Sass
8 Replies, Last Reply 06-24-2013, Started By Hoshi
3 Replies, Last Reply 10-30-2012, Started By QuintsAuntie
2 Replies, Last Reply 05-30-2009, Started By Huskercat
8 Replies, Last Reply 02-24-2002, Started By ANNIE28
1 Reply, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
3 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
8 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
7 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
10 Replies, Separate Surgeries
6 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
1 Reply, Options and Alternative Success Stories
14 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
7 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
3 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
4 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
13 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

October 17,2017

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement