Abdominal Pain Without Positive Test Results | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominal Pain Without Positive Test Results Abdominal Pain Without Positive Test Results

Unread 11-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Abdominal Pain Without Positive Test Results

I'm 57 (post-menopausal), 30 lbs overweight, have high blood pressure and never had children. So I know I have a higher chance of uterine cancer. I've also had ovarian cysts,endometriosis, hydrosalphinx and my tubes tied. In August I had very sore nipples that went away, then in September started severe burning/stabbing pain over my left ovary, then my right, then buring cramping over my uterus, then swollen/throbbing lymph nodes (only in my neck now), now my bladder hurts more than usual (I have interstitial cystitis). I do have too much fluid in my uterus (the only time I had relief was when my cervis was dilated forI the biopsy). I've had a colonscopy, chest X-ray, uterine biopsy, cat scan, blood work, and ultrasound. All with negative results. I am in constant pain and have been housebound for 3 months!!! My gynocologist (who I don't really like that much) says he could do a hysterectomy, my general MD said nothing was wrong with me and put me on antidepressents (which really honkerblonked me off). I'm debating having my gyno go ahead and do the hysterectomy as I have a gut feeling something is wrong. I would insist on another uterine biopsy, a biopsy on my ovaries and a biopsy on lymph nodes. The pain is so bad I don't know if I can take going through another gyno and tests. I know often things don't show up on tests, but at the same time I'm not bleeding and am not overly tired. Have any of you had similar symptoms but nothing show up on your test? I want my life back!!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Re: Abdominal Pain Without Positive Test Results

I've been through the gammet of tests and everything has come out negative...except for some doggone fibroids, but I KNOW it is more than that.

Yes, insist on those biopsies~ and hope that something will come back positive for peace of mind.

Something is wrong, just keep at it.
Unread 11-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Re: Abdominal Pain Without Positive Test Results

Thanks for your response - sometimes I just cry my eyes out because I feel like no one is listening to me, I can't do anything anymore (housework, going shopping, out to dinner, sex (!), etc. I was so upset when my doctor said I was pretty much bringing the pain on myself by my stress. I'm happy with my life and was exercising before I started the terrible pain!!! My husband is wonderful support but I know he is frustrated because he has to do stuff for me that I used to do and we can't travel, etc. We were planning on doing so much together when we both retired and now I"m just stuck at home. I will probably go ahead and get the hysterectomy. I'm terrified!!!! But anything to get my life back. Thanks again for your support!!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register