I am at a complete loss!!! | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am at a complete loss!!! I am at a complete loss!!!

Unread 10-03-2012, 10:29 AM
I am at a complete loss!!!

This might be a bit long I do apologize in advance.
Here my whole story in complete accuvision color.....lol.
Im 40 years old and have 1 grown daughter and one teenaged one, I don't want to have anymore children. 2 Sundays ago I was at work my morning was completely normal, after lunch I told the gal I was working with I had to pee, it felt like id been holding it for 12 hrs when in fact I had just gone about 1/2 hour before. A wave of nausea hit me like a ton of bricks. I couldnt close my jeans and i was in such pain i thought i was going to die...please God please dont let me die at work. I went to my family Dr who thought it was appendix and sent me to emergency. After a CT and blood and urine screen ruled out everything else the e.r doc said maybe my ovary was twisted and sent me home. I went to seen my Gyno after another 3 days of severe pain, she said maybe it was a fibroid degenerating and did a pelvic and told me that my uterus is that of someone who is 5 months along. I went for an ultrasound yesterday, doc's offices called today to confirm that my uterus is in fact enlarged and i have a cyst on each ovary 2.6 and 3.1 and 3 fibroids 7.9, 7.6, and 6.1. However My ovary was not twisted but still not exactly sure why the pain.

I am so frustrated all i want to do is talk to my mommy and God love her she has dementia and just really dont get any of it. Anyway thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Re: I am at a complete loss!!!

Hi, sorry to hear you had so much pain and few answers. Did your Doctor schedule you for a follow-up in office visit? You need a face to face with the Doc. and further explainations as to your options for treatment of your enlarged uterus and fibroids. At the very least, they should address your pain.

Wishing you the best.
Unread 10-03-2012, 11:09 AM

Pj Thanks for your reply. No the dr did not give me a follow up. When I spoke to her nurse this morning, she told me the results of the u/s and that was it, when i ask her if i would see the dr again she didnt know, was suposed to check and let me know.
Thats part of my frustration all i really know is at this point is that my fibriods, have not decided to go live somewhere else and I have spent a bunch of money on test to find out whats not wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2012, 11:43 AM

Did you go for a second opinion When I first started having problems, I was not happy with the answer my doc gave me so I did some research, found one of the top doctors in the area and moved on. So glad I did, my new doc listened and gave me answers. Now 1 week and 2 days post surgery. You should not have to deal with the pain. I would seek a 2nd opinion or even a 3rd if need be.
Good luck
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:50 PM

Purple hair. Thank you bunches. This is my second opinion least ways about the fibroids. At any rate the nurse who I spoke to eariler today called me back. Apparently the larger cyst the 3.1 which is on my right side is a hemoragic cyst and the person who read the u/s results whats to have another look at it in 6 weeks. I have also made an appt with my gyno for the end of this month to discuss treatment options for my fibroids. If i dont like or am not comfortable with where it goes I will seek a third opinion. I cant tell you how much it means to me that i have you women to discuss this with as i really dont have anyother women in my life. Purple Hair I hope that you are doing well, and continue to do so as time goes.
God Bless
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:49 PM

Irish....I am so glad you heard back from the nurse. Sounds like things might be moving in your favor. Good luck to you.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register