Scheduled dVH/RALH Just an emotional vent...long | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just an emotional vent...long Just an emotional vent...long

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Just an emotional vent...long

It feels like I'm not getting away from family drama as well as the emotional ups and downs we are all experiencing right now.

Today I got the call from the hospital explaining my benefits and my out of pocket and the option to get the discount on my portion if I pay now. All that out of pocket/deductible stuff with insurance stuff is so confusing. I'm not real worried about it and the lady was very nice.

My surgery is in about 2 weeks. This is my last week in the office at work. Next week I'll be out of town for work. I've prepared the best I can.

So the drama has been going on for a while. My daughter was in ICU several days last week and will be moving back home this weekend. We have to drive up to get her out of her dorm. She has medical issues that she doesn't take care of and I know I'm emotional because I'm concerned I'll be sucked into this when I won't be able. She has been in the hospital several times the last year.

The condition for her to come back home is to see her doctor to find some next steps to get more help. She is very stressed and has not wanted to learn to manage it. It is not something you can make someone do. Her health has shown some added complications this time and that breaks my heart for her too.

It just feels like a lot is happening fast. It will be okay and I know I can tell her to back down if she gets all drama on me. Anyway, just needed to get this out. It has been a lot even before the possibility of surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Re: Just an emotional vent...long

I completely understand the idea of college age child family drama. I have dealt with it so much. I had to tell one that I wasn't going to listen to her financial/boyfriend issues. We told step son that his choice to be on academic probation again was his issue not ours. And my step daughter who is in college is a cutter and she had to go to psych again. I generally have so much drama and I didn't deal with any of it. My hubby told everyone to grow up and leave me alone so I could heal. I truly took the time to focus on myself and my healing.

My stepdaughter is supposed to take anti-depressants and a sleeping pill but she chooses not to. She also doesn't want to go to therapy, again she chooses not to. We can't force her too, especially when she is away at college. As hard as it is you have to shift your priority to your personal health. I pray that she will be fine and that you will have some peace as you heal. It's so hard when they struggle to manage their own lives but now you have to manage your health.
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:26 PM

I am sorry to hear that you are having to deal with those difficult issues. Is there an interim place she can go until you through surgery and are feeling ok? You really need to concentrate on 'YOU' for a while. It would be so much better not to have to worry about potential drama.
As for bills .. Deductible ... Copay ... I just told myself I would not worry about it until i was well. And i did wait ... Worked put a payment plan with them 8 weeks post surgery. Worrying about it would not have been good for my mental or physical health! I hope everything works out for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2013, 08:35 PM

Thanks, maybe she won't be drama and we could just have her go stay with someone if she becomes that. She is a Type 1 Diabetic (insulin dependent) who wants to pretend she's not a diabetic. She is certainly more complex than that, but that is how it appears on the outside.

I think it still feels like I can get everything all done when that is impossible. It kind of stinks that I had several meals made and frozen...for TWO, lol! Oh well. I do need to let go. Maybe the week out of the office for work will also be fun.

Maybe she will be okay too. The other adult kid just moved to another state and just got a job. My Mom's dog just died and she is pretty upset about that too. She's supposed to come help me the week after my surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register