Two weeks and 2 days post op, cough and cold, sore belly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two weeks and 2 days post op, cough and cold, sore belly Two weeks and 2 days post op, cough and cold, sore belly

Unread 04-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Two weeks and 2 days post op, cough and cold, sore belly

Hi everyone. I am 2 weeks 2 days post TAH, LSO for long periods (2 weeks on, 2 weeks off) and severe menstrual cramping. Had extensive adhesions and adenomyosis. Tried thermal ablation but balloon too long for my uterine cavity. Had RSO 18 years ago for ruptured cyst. Think I am doing okay but when I read other sites I realize we are all different. I am doing much better than some, thankfully, and not as good as others. I think I did too much my first week out. I was bending more than I should have. Wasn't told anything about bending but read all over this site that I shouldn't have. I also was lifting more than I should have, picking up my cats to take them out to tie them for outside time. One is light as a feather but the other is about 11 pounds. 10 days post op I had to do some HEAVY lifting as DH was gone, he is a truck driver and had to leave me after one week. Thankful for good friend and Mom helping me out. Bowels are straightening out now but I feel pain right before I go, like pain from them moving. My main complaint is a sore belly, sore to the touch like bruising along side my belly button and across. Anyone else feeling this way? I have a cold and have been coughing and sneezing which isn't fun. Could this pain be from that, just muscle? My incision is much lower than this. Incision is fine, just numb and itchy. I did take my dog a short walk today. It was somewhat uncomfortable to walk, like a jarring inside my abdomen, not really painful, just uncomfortable. Is this normal? I sometimes think I am worrying too much because I did better with recovery the other 2 surgeries but have to keep reminding myself that I am older now and the surgery was more extensive. I have been taking it really easy my second week, more than my first. Am getting somewhat bored especially since I am at home alone now. Thanks for any input, appreciate it. Take care of you!!! Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Two weeks and 2 days post op, cough and cold, sore belly

Sounds like your poor belly has taken a beating....besides the surgery.

From what you've told us about your activities, it is no wonder you are sore. Are there any friends that can help out? I know that, after my surgery, one of the hardest things I had to learn was allowing others to help.......to ask for help. The "Hysterectomy Checkpoints" are an excellent recovery guide, to help keep you on track. You deserve a healthy recovery, Princess.

Take care.................s....Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register