Hi from Newbie - TAH on 8-6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi from Newbie - TAH on 8-6 Hi from Newbie - TAH on 8-6

Unread 08-03-2003, 06:09 AM
Hi from Newbie - TAH on 8-6

Hello Ladies,
I sure do wish I had found this wonderful place two weeks ago when I first found out I had to have this surgery, but I guess it's better late than never. I was wondering if any of you have had a TAH for the same reasons that I will be having one...a prolapsed & enlarged uterus with large fibroids? I just joined and have read quite a number of the pre-op posts and really appreciate all the help you all have given me so far. Any special tips from others who have had a TAH with the same problems as me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch. :-)

Terri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2003, 06:19 AM
I'm 8/6 also!

I have an enlarged uterus and adenomyosis. I'll be having surgery on the 6th also. I'm starting to get pretty nervous about it! You might want to ask your question on the post-op side - you'll find a lot more people that can answer you. I asked how many days most people spent in the hospital, and have gotten an amazing number of responses!
Unread 08-03-2003, 06:41 AM

Hi there Jeanne,
Oops. I do believe I made a mistake on where I put my post. It's been another one one those nights with no sleep and my brain needs some rest. I'm getting very nervous now too. I think the more info I find on the web, the more I worry. Thanks for the reply and I look forward to seeing you back again here, or should I say over at post-op <g>, after your surgery. All the best to you.
Terri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2003, 06:47 AM

Hi Terri,

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!

I had a TAH 15 months ago for an enlarged uterus and multiple fibroids (actually, the surgery and recovery is just about the same, no matter what the reason.) You can click the link in my signature to read my experience, if you like. I had a pretty typical surgery and recovery.

If you haven't already, check out the pre-op hints and articles at this link: Pre-Op Articles There is a lot of great information that can be found there. And please feel free to post any questions or concerns you may have on this board (Pre-Op). Most of the post-op ladies do read this board and will answer any questions you have here. (The Post-op board is usually to answer questions that the post-op ladies have.) We're here for you whenever you need us.

Best wishes and s,

Lisa
Unread 08-03-2003, 07:26 AM

Hi Lisa,
Thanks so much for the warm & friendly welcome! And thanks for the link to your surgery & recovery stories. It's really helpful to read about what others have experienced and to get info that your doctor doesn't always tell you. There are just some things that only a woman can know and share having gone through the experience herself. :-)
Take care,
Terri
Unread 08-03-2003, 06:06 PM
Welcome.

To LilacRose:
Hi,I'm patybear.Welcome to the boards.I too have an enlarged uterus,due to a large fibroid.My date for the castle is Aug.19th.You are not alone in this,sweetie.Hope to see you'on the other side',as we say,and please let us know how you're doing. patybear
Unread 08-04-2003, 03:45 AM

Hi Patybear,
Thanks so much for the kind words. Hopefully I'll be feeling up to turning the ol' computer on and giving whatever advice I can give here before your surgery date comes.
Best wishes to you,
Terri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register