Water tubes after hyster? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Water tubes after hyster? Water tubes after hyster?

Unread 01-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Water tubes after hyster?

One other note....
According to my pathology report from the surgery, I had hydrosalphinx (sp?). "Water tubes"
My dr. left my ovaries intact with partial tubes on both sides...but the part of the tubes he cut out showed they were water tubes on the report. He thought it would be best to leave them because of my age for the hormones. He did pop one cyst on my right ovary.
What are the chances of this condition "hydrosalphinx" coming back or causing problems, now that I've had a LAVH. I hope I didn't make a wrong decision and end up back in surgery anytime soon to remove the ovaries due to their failing and filling with fluid.

Thank you!
Lavendarspice

LAVH- 2wks, 3days postop. Doing pretty good other than an infected incision that is making me sick and hurt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2006, 08:00 PM

I have no idea, but I'm bumping you so maybe one of the sisters will answer you. I have never even heard of water tubes.
Unread 01-02-2006, 10:21 PM

Hey Lavendarspice,

I had a left hydrosalpynx which was discovered when I had my TAH/BSO for EC.

Hydrosalpynx is usually related to an old infection of the fallopian tube. The tube becomes large and fills with fluid. After the infection is cleared up, the tube seals up retaining the fluid. This fluid sometimes leaks out and causes sterility.

In my case, the infection was from appendicitis and peritonitis which I had many years ago and resulted in infertility.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Hugs,
Pearl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Hydrosalphinx "Water Tubes after hyster"

How will they know if it comes back? I've been having pain on my right side (low), I don't know how to tell if it's from surgery or from the tubes filling with fluid again. Also my incision higher up is infected so it might be from that as well. If my tubes were filling with fluid before and infected then won't it happen again? I just can't stand the thought of having surgery again to have my ovaries and tubes removed after going through all of this.
Lavendarspice
LAVH-Dec. 16 - Endo & Adeno plus several other things..
Unread 01-03-2006, 10:20 AM

I don’t have any experience with hydrosalpinx, but I've read that the recurrence risk can be higher in women who’ve had both a tubal ligation and hysterectomy because the tubes are clamped at both ends. I don't know if you've had a tubal, or if you would even fall into that catagory if the main portion of your tube(s) have already been removed, but it would be a good question for your doctor.

You are still early post-op so those pains can still be normal recovery pains. Hopefully your doctor will be able to give you some reassurance so you won't feel worried about it happening to you.
Best wishes & s
Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register