Am interested in hearing about BioHormonal Therapy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am interested in hearing about BioHormonal Therapy Am interested in hearing about BioHormonal Therapy

Unread 05-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Am interested in hearing about BioHormonal Therapy

I have been diagnosed with Endrometosis. I had an UltraSound done in 2006 and she said my untereine lining was as thick as a book so I had a D&C done in by a young Dr. and she said I had a fibroid which I was aware of for many years. It is the size of a large walnut. I am 72 and have had 4 children, all vaginal no problems. This young Dr. said she wanted to look inside of my fibroid to see what was in it and she wanted to do a Hyster as she "loves to do surgeries". That was the last time I saw her!!!! I then had 2 more Dr.s examine me and they saw no indication for an H. However, I started recently having a pain in my right side for about 3 weeks but I exercise so thought it might be a factor. But I went to my primary Dr. and he sent me for a CtScan of Gallbladder, Liver, and Kidney. All was well except for a cyst on Kidney which was benign and not to worry, however he saw something that he wanted me to see my OBGYN. The one I was seeing moved so I went to see a new one. Let me interject something here. I prefer to see Women Dr.'s. I think they are more intune to our needs. However my primary Dr.'s nurse suggested I see her Dr. which is a man. He looked at my last records for 2006 with the new CtScan and said the unterine lining was very thick and my cervix was almost closed off. I took HRT's many years ago for a short amount of time and did not like the fact I started having periods so I stopped. I am not bothered by Hot Flashes or any of the other PostMen. problems except vaginal drying which has caused Atrophy but I do not have sex so didn't make a big deal of it. I have never had bleeding so now this new Dr. wants another UltraSound and go from there. He has put me on Premerin small amount to try and soften up the Cervix as he wants to do a biopsy of it which I also have had done in 2006 and came back benign. I did tell him I did not want an H unless no other alternative. That is why I want to find out more about BioHormonal Therapy to try and keep away from H. He did say that Uterine Cancer is quite cureable but I don't want to go down that road. I am very mixed up at this point. I know at 72 an H probably won't be a picnic which I assume it never is. I have another CTScan May 15th so I will see what is the next step.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Am interested in hearing about BioHormonal Therapy

Hi!

Have you had a look around in the Resource Database of this site? There's good information in there about a lot of topics, including hormones. You can access that area of the site using this link: Resource Database.

Did your doctor prescribe Premarin in pill form that you take orally or are you using it in a cream form which is inserted vaginally? If you're interested in bio-identical vaginal estrogen, there are a couple of choices. There's information about those options in this link: Vaginal Dryness.

I hope you have more answers now that you have had your second scan.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register