how has adeno affected your sex life and relationship? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how has adeno affected your sex life and relationship? how has adeno affected your sex life and relationship?

Unread 03-17-2014, 12:23 AM
how has adeno affected your sex life and relationship?

Hi ladies, I have been dealing with issues with my woman part for quite some time now and my DH has been there every step of the way yet I still feel so alone and misunderstood.

The past four years my issues have gotten extremely worse... I have constant nausea, fatigue (im always exhausted not matter what), chronic labor pains, long period, my legs go numb, my back is killing me, constipation, painful (unbearable)intercourse and the list goes on.

As a woman I don't expect my husband to fully understand what I am going through, but a little compassion goes a long way. Due to my issues our relationship has been strained especially our sex life, because it is so painful I do not desire it and he has this notion that I can control it and I can't, adeno is very evil! Has anyone experienced difficulties like this? If so I would love to hear about them and how you were able to overcome.

Blessings to all,

Applephat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2014, 01:16 AM
Re: how has adeno affected your sex life and relationship?

I didn't find out I had adeno until 11 days ago when I had my hysterectomy. It could very well explain why I have had no desire for sex for several months! Luckily my husband has been very understanding. I'm hoping that it will be better for us when I get cleared. I hope it will be better for you as we'll!
Unread 03-17-2014, 07:02 PM

Hi applephat. Sorry you're having such a tough time. I've had painful sex issues due to endometriosis (and now suspected adenomyosis) for over 20 years. Husband is very understanding.

Have found slightly changing an angle during sex can make a big difference where pain and pressure is felt. Also avoiding deep penetration is helpful. Massaging each other's backs is a great way to ease into sex, and being relaxed can cut down on the pain. If sex is just too painful, other options are always appreciated.

Communication is also very important. I can't stress this enough. I'm very upfront with my husband about how I'm feeling physically and emotionally, and he's very candid with how what I'm feeling affects him. Also, and this may sound strange, but a sense of humor about the situation goes a long way.

Hope things get easier for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2014, 07:20 PM

Yes, all that summed up my life !!! I'm glad it's behind me. Was so sick of being sick. Hang in there.
Unread 03-17-2014, 07:58 PM

For me, avoiding deep penetration, no bumping of cervix, and changing positions. There are certain positions I just can not do because it causes him to hit my cervix. My husband has been decent about it but I know he is frustrated, sexually, and sometimes it makes me angry because it feels like, so what, deal with it, but then I feel bad for feeling angry. I know sex is an important part of his life (mine too if I wasn't in such pain).

I had a freak out last night but feeling a lot better today about my surgery. Now, I just want to get to the other side!
Unread 03-17-2014, 08:22 PM

The pain and lack of sex drive was high on my list of reasons to go ahead with the surgery. My husband has been very understanding for too long, and he is now waiting very patiently for my 6 week clearance. I really hope that things are way better than before, he especially deserves it for being so fantastic through all of this!!
Unread 03-17-2014, 09:30 PM

I'm so sorry you felt so bad. I had endo and adeno. I completely refused to have sex for nearly a year before my hysterectomy. It just hurt too much. It did put a strain on our relationship, but my DH was understanding as a man is able to be. After I healed from my hysterectomy my sex life was better than it had been 20 years. No more cervix to bump, no more swelling and constipation and no more pain. I consider myself one of the lucky ones. Not all of us have such a great outcome, but know it's a possibility.
Unread 03-17-2014, 10:57 PM

I have been unable to have sex for almost a year now. Before I was able to and it just hurt, now it's completely unbearable. The only way is outercourse, but I am on my way to being normal again, and Im thankful I have an understanding husband.
Unread 03-18-2014, 10:12 PM

Sex and pain. Yes all the time. I did it but it hurt every single time maybe twice a week over gee umm the last 8 years. Now it makes all the sense in the world. I'm pretty sure it's adeno will know tomorrow Sorry for all the pain we have all suffered and hope that having this done I can be more active and enjoy it myself!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register