myomectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-02-2005, 10:46 AM
myomectomy

Having laproscopic surgery on Monday. I am 25 years old and was on lupron for6 months. Can anyone tell me what to expect?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2005, 06:23 PM
myomectomy

Hi theatercat

I've been home 48 hours since my laser laproscopic/hysterscopic myomectomy procedures on Tues May 31 and am on the mend nicely. sorry of my thoughts wander, but it's my first post since the big event It's hard to isolate preparations and recovery for them separately so please keep that in mind. The pre-op procedure for me started with one shot of lupron one month before (see related posts about that experience which wasn't very pleasant), then on the day of surgery it included an IV with antibiotics and a suppository for pain relief. Was under general anesthetic for an hour and a half, in post op for about an hour with two shots of morphine then in recovery for about 2 hours. Was up and walking during recovery to get to the bathroom and had a little nausea as a result then again when we got into the car to go home.
TIP: Keep a puke bag with you even if it's only some water that you produce...and keep drinking since the dry heaves are painful.
I spent the first evening/night and the next day sleeping and watching a bit of TV...along with taking the Tylenol 3 with codeine. The two smaall incisions are making keeping up/down a little challengingBut today I haven't taken anything for pain. Just taking it easy and eating a bit more and walking around the house more.
TIP: Get some help with keeping track of what meds you're taking or write it down. I've got the painkillers, ant-biotics, estrogen and stool softeners so it's a lot to keep track of.
I expect to be seeming more progress with each day and back to work (I can work from home) late next week.
Good luck with your procedure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register