How are you passing the time?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are you passing the time?? How are you passing the time??

Unread 08-18-2007, 08:52 AM
How are you passing the time??

I am hoping this thread will lighten our moods :smilie5: I am cleaning my whole house. And honestly I dont know why!! I am nesting I think WOW that is strange . I have done all windows and washed all of the curtains in my house. next I am cleaning all my light fixtures. . Hope you are all coping better LOL I am just a crazy one!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 09:31 AM

I'm doing that too...ok i have my family doing it since i can barely move right LOL. I am getting "deep, on hands and knees " kind of cleaning done. I'm dropping off thigs at consignment stores and goodwill. Stocking up on food like a chipmunk tee hee...hoping to pass time today at a party. we'll see how that goes hehehehe...
Unread 08-18-2007, 09:42 AM
gonna have to cleaniest

Sounds like the sisters are goona have the cleaniest houses ever. I have started in the basement, and worked my way up , the bedroom will be my last. It's just my DH and I now, so I'm not worried too much about the meals. He cooks out a lot, and can make pasta. That'll do for the first few weeks. Good Luck with the chores, and don't forget to have some 'me' time too, that's important also.
DEB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 09:56 AM

Hi, I am cleaning as well and cooking. I have frozen a double batch of spaghetti sauce, chili and a mosticiolli (I know I spelled that wrong!). I am also stocking up on easy lunch stuff for the return to school for my girls, and quick breakfasts. (Forget nutrition, poptarts will do for a while!)
Otherwise, I feel like pacing all the time due to anxiety.
Now I am baking for a party tomorrow, and have to make a dip as well. Take it easy everyone!
Unread 08-18-2007, 10:19 AM

Thought I'd throw this in. When I arrived at the medical center for knee surgery (ACL) the staff noticed that I was dozing in pre-op without the help of medication. They asked if I slept well last night or stayed worrying about the surgery. I said no I slept real well. I was tired from running up and down the stairs so much doing laundry that I knew I wouldn't be able to do for 4+ weeks.

I'll probably do the same thing this time plus other chores.
Unread 08-18-2007, 10:37 AM

I am cleaning too, half cause of surgery and half cause mom is coming to stay a few days and I dont want her to see my house dirty lol
plus my neighbors house burned awhile back and suddenly I have roaches, trying to get rid of them too
Unread 08-18-2007, 02:52 PM
cleaning the garage

I swept out our 3-car garage this morning. After all, one certainly can't have surgery if one has a dirty garage. Some of the things we do are silly, but I'm sure it helps to pass the time and helps us feel that we're doing something to prepare. Blessings to all.
Unread 08-18-2007, 03:02 PM

Well... I am dying my hair blue, as I type this even. Yes, Blue! Bright Blue! My poor husband is doing all the cleaning. I am supposed to be on bed rest, but I cant hardly stand it anymore.

Before anyone raises an eyebrow over that.. yeah it seems nuts unless you have seen me. I am pierced , tattooed and well now my hair is blue for the surgery. ( I wanted to match the scrubs) So this is not terribly shocking behaviour

I have done as much as I can sitting down. Its just making me crazy.
Unread 08-18-2007, 03:22 PM

Well today I have hit TTOM so the energy to clean is gone!! . I am now remebering why I am going through this surgery!! Ooh the pain, its funny really I didnt realize it was so bad until I paid attention to it today I did get the dishes done LOL but now i cannot wait until wednesday! hope everyone is getting along good. And whichever sister has the blue hair You GO Girl
Unread 08-18-2007, 03:36 PM

You ladies are so funny! But I must admit I will be on the crazy cleaning train myself soon! Between having my mom and my mil (as well as others) helping with the kids I will be cooking and cleaning like a mad woman! I can't stand the thought of someone being in my house when it is dirty!

Don't over do it ladies (though I know this will fall on deaf ears)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register