New & Worried | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New & Worried New & Worried

Unread 01-03-2003, 02:06 PM
New & Worried

Hi all, On the 6th of Jan. I will be having my hysterectomy, due to lack of period, then massive bleeding. Will be abdominal bikini cut. they think that they will leave in the overies but are unsure of at this point. Will be taking uterus and cervix. My doc seems pretty cool. Let me decided the type of cut and closure that I wanted. Found out today that I will have a pain pump. and be coming home on vicodin (sp?). They think I will be in there 4-5 days.

I am worried about the depression and "not feeling like a woman " no longer. Anyone else go through this?

Tried to go to live chat but I was the only one in there. Is there a certain time when you ladies are in there?

My sister in law lead me to this site! This is so awesome!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2003, 02:37 PM
Welcome

We will be princess together. I too go in on Jan 6th. I can't tell were you are from. I meet in chat everynitght around 10:30 eastern time. 11:00 Newfoundland. I know there is some chat around lunch time also. The site is really wonderful. The sisters are great support threw good times and bad. I will be left with my right ovary and Tube and will be in for 5 days and also a biniki cut. Look forward to seeing you in chat.

Denise.Bradley
Unread 01-03-2003, 11:55 PM
New & Worried

Good luck for your surgery first of all! You are going through all the same fears and emotions all of us are going/been through and like you this site just helped me so much. I had TAH on Dec 10th and kept thinking to myself let me just get through the surgery and I will handle all the emotional stuff after. We all have our good and bad days but I can only say think positive and think that in a few months (maybe less!) you can look back and think I am still me 'uterus or no uterus' and feel GREAT!

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2003, 02:18 AM
5 days?

I'm going in Jan 20th. DR told me I would be hospital for 2-3 days. Hmmm...... Some of the posts I've read are stating 5 days.

I, too, will have a bikini cut (like it matters, I'm too overweight for a bikini) HA. DR's taking it all out. (but I'm going to try to talk him into leaving my cervix). He'll also take off as much endo from bowels, rectum, and bladder as possible without doing more damage.

I'm just wondering about this hospital stay.

Good luck on the 6th.

Michelle
Unread 01-04-2003, 02:37 AM
New & Worried

We will be sameday sisters as I also go in on the 6th having a TAH-LSO. Though I was told 3 days at the castle. I go to the chats around 7pm the "sisters" here on the site have been my strength from the very beginning. Here you can ask anything and everything and if not always the answers the love support and comfort is always here. Good Luck on the 6th and and look forward to seeing you with your crown
Unread 01-04-2003, 04:29 AM
One week post op and it's great over here

I'm only a few weeks ahead of you. I had a TAH with bikini cut on Dec 27th. Other than a little slugishness getting the bowells working again I feel great.

I had a pump after surgery too but even better, the anesth. offered me a procedure called Duramorph. It was like an epidural but only a one time shot that kept me numb for 24 hours. A really great thing. I had very little post op pain, just some minor itching as a side affect.

I'm now totally off pain meds and just feel tenderness and pulling at the incission. This week has been so much easier than I thought it would be. I'm being a pampered princess and feeling very good.

Don't let the scary posts wig you out. We use this message board to vent and vent more when we feel bad. Those of us with great experiences sometimes stay too quiet. Remember that there are lotsof us out there who had wonderful nurses and DR, easy recoveries (so far) and feel much better now just one week post op than I have felt in ages.

I feel like a kid again

Lisa

TAH for cervical abnormalities, but found baseball sized fibroids and endo too.
Unread 01-04-2003, 04:50 AM
New & Worried

Nunangel,

Welcome to Hystersisters! So glad you found us!

Don't worry about your feelings about being *less of a woman* - most of us have felt that. You are experiencing a loss & will most likely go through a mourning process. That is natural. But, do know that the loss of these body parts *do not make you less of a woman*! You are much more than that!

Hopefully there will be someone along in a bit who can answer your question about chat times.

(((Mrt38))), I had a tah/bso & was in the castle for 3 days. It varies depending on your type of hyst, your dr, your castle - and, of course, insurance.

Best wishes to everyone!
Unread 01-04-2003, 05:39 AM
New & Worried

Hi there!

Welcome!

To answer your question about chat times (moderated):

Chat hours are EST 12-2PM and 9-11PM. Adjust for your time zone.

This does not preclude you from going there any time you feel like it; true - many times there may not be anyone there, but other times you may find gals in there chatting outside the moderation hours, too.

There are some wonderful gals there in chat! I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms!!

Unread 01-04-2003, 08:43 AM
New & Worried

Nunangel, I am one of those ladies from chat and we would love to meet you! Cris gave you the moderated times but alot of ladies go in the room all throughout the day. I find a good time when it is not too full is between 8 and 9 PM EST where you can get your feet wet without getting lost in the conversations. Please say "Hi" if I am in there when you are. Hope to see you there........

Emily(HSChatTeamEmily)
Unread 01-04-2003, 10:27 AM
New & Worried

Hi- Best wishes as your date comes closer. please try not to worry about the "woman" issue- I feel every bit a woman afterwards! I looked at your profile and didn't see if you are married and whether or not you've had children- that very well could be what leads some women to worry about life afterwards- please understand- I'm not telling you you SHOULDN'T feel that way- just that life on the post op side is great!! Yes, you may need a little tinkering to get the hormones settled but this is a wonderful website to get ideas, advice and support as you go through the next few months- we'll be here for you!!
s and all that good stuff!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register