Swelly Belly belt? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly Belly belt? Swelly Belly belt?

Unread 02-24-2005, 01:18 PM
Swelly Belly

Hi, is there any sisters out there that can tell me if the Swelly Belly belt worked well?
Thanks,
Jere-lyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2005, 06:48 AM
Swelly Belly belt?

Hi , I didn't have one but have read posts from ladies who have and they all seem to love it.

Best wishes.

s
Unread 02-25-2005, 08:00 AM
sweely belly belt

HI, I just had my surgery 2-16-05 (Wed) came home on Fri. The first few days I didn't use my belt but one night after doing quite a bit during the day I had my DH soak it and I used it at first I had a towel between it and my skin, but after adjusting to the temperature a few minutes I moved the towel and wow did that feel good. I have used it every night since. And yes it works to help with the swelling and pain just having it on my swollen stomach helps. Make sure to wrap it in plastic wrap if your incision could possibly get wet from the belt. And I store it in the fridge when not in use so it is ready the next time I need it. remember to resoak it when neccessary. I hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Swelly Belly Belt

Thanks Jean and Amra for replying!
Unread 02-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Swelly Belly belt?

I purchased a swelly belly band, and love it. I use it daily. Make sure you measure correctly though. If its too big, it wont give you the benefits. Its velcro in the back with elastic, so there is room for expansion. It really helped with the swelling and the burning pain. It only took a couple of days to get in the mail..Good luck
Unread 02-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Belt

Hi Lvlife. So, you had surgery on 1/31/05? How is it going?
Unread 02-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Swelly Belly belt?

Hi Jere-lyn,
I see your surgery is 3/30/2005. Mine was 1/31/2005, as you know...I had a TAH, kept ovaries due to Fibroids, hemmorage like periods... Heres a quick overview...hope it helps...

Day 1: Surgery, First one
Day 2: Up on my own...Nurse understaffed..NOT A GOOD THING
Day 3: Learned you will get NO sleep, Vitals taken ever two hours at night...NOT during the day...ONLY at night...(they must get nervous if you are quietly resting..lol...NO DISRESPECT TO ALL YOU NURSES...you are truly UNSUNG UNDERSTAFFED ANGELS)
Day 4: Staples out, WONDERFUL nurse shows me how to PUSH, rather than PULL myself up to a sitting position in order to pee, reach a pen, sit up straight, or just try to sip liquids, the things we take for granted. She did tell me which I will pass on to you...DO NOT PUSH YOURSELF OR DO TOO MUCH...otherwise, like her, you WILL BE back in the hospital with scar tissue and adhesions and more complications...(bless her,,,I still remember that)

My first week home: Tough moving around: slept on couch so I wouldnt move around too much...WONDERFUL support and help from my two DS and family...BURNING every time I tried to move...they say DRINK water.....?????? That just told me I would have to pee.....and after a year of my uterus laying on my bladder, one 8 oz drink meant 3 trips to the bathroom...no thanks...

My second week home: (going into my third week) Burning still. Was very excited to stand up straight...Ok, well, almost...it took a few minutes, and my two DS rolling on the floor laughing, ( in a good supportive way,, try to "cough" out a cough with a 10 and 15 yr old)...I swear though, they are glad to be boys....they have been wonderful...my 15 yr even told me when I had to pee to "hold it" "the feeling will go away"....ya gotta luv them

My third week home: Feeling much better, off pain meds other than tylenol for pain, and aleve for swelling. I didnt think I would ever fee like going to bathroom without needing to hold it due to the pain...nice huh??? Drove for the first time....HINT....DO NOT GO IN ONE FOOT AT A TIME...go in sideways, scooch your but in and swivel around....

I am going into my fourth week, feeling better, but not pushing it, my boys are still doing most everything....(ok, they are slacking a little....but all I have to do is ask, twice....ok three times.....but they still do it....I cough, they laugh, they get moving...lol lol)...

I am DYING to walk, to move fast, to do my own laundry, to sneeze, and I MEAN A GOOD SNEEZE.....

This website, I have to tell you, has been my biggest help..I was on EVERY day, looking, reading, searching, for every word and support and help.....My boys know this website by name like they know the word NO...lol...lol.... Log on, read, write, it truly does help....NO ONE and NOTHING can even prepare you for what you feel afterwards...We are all so different and heal differently... Please know you are not alone...>Good luck...and heal well.... Christine.....
OH GEEZ,,,,I just realized how long this is...SORRY...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register