Scared - can't take any pain meds except Tylenol - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared - can't take any pain meds except Tylenol Scared - can't take any pain meds except Tylenol

Unread 08-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Thank you all

Thank you everyone. I just got home from my per-op. I have to be at hosp. at 5am tomorrow.was told if all goes well I should be home by 8 or 9 pm. Not sure how I feel about not staying over night but will see how I feel when all is done and said.I got a script for percocet 5mgs but told her to only give me 10 no refills.She knows I'm in recovery.As of lastnight I didn't sleep much and have been on an up and down roller coster all day with emotions.I know I'm doing what is best for me but that doesnt help the fear.Any how good luck to every on this side and hope all is well with all you on the post op side. Again thank you all so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Scared - can't take any pain meds except Tylenol

Best wishes to you and your recovery! And your continued recovery! I too had a long meeting with one of my drs who has been managing my meds. I feel better being upfront with my concerns. I think you will be great and have a plan so that you won't be in pain BUT aware of potential addiction issues. I know of several people who have been in recovery but had serious surgeries; most of them did fine on short term meds. I think its the length of time folks ahev been on meds that has presented the problem. You sound like you have a good handle on this and AWARE of issues.

Can't wait to hear how you do!
Unread 08-18-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwolf
Hi I'm new to the site, I'm 36 yr and just found out in july i had to have an LAVH on 8/16. I thought I was fine untill today no not so sure of all this. Now I just can't seem to think of any thing else.
I know you had the surgery Thursday, but don't sweat the med thing, I barely took anything but Tylenol With Cod. occasionally and the pain is more annoying than ouch and it is day 6 for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 09:15 PM

I don't know about post-op (I'll take anything they give me, believe me!), but I'm 12 days from surgery and told to stop taking ALL OTC medications. So, there goes Aleve and Cosamin DS for my knees and back. I've actually been off the Aleve for about 10 days now and I'm just *******g sore every day. They say I can take Tylenol for pain. Whoopee. I can't wait to get some hospital meds, personally.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register