Frustration mounting (rant) and ??s | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Frustration mounting (rant) and ??s Frustration mounting (rant) and ??s

Unread 07-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Frustration mounting (rant) and ??s

Hi,
I am blue and frustrated and hoping someone might have some advice for me. I am 8 weeks post op, back at work. I have had incredible back pain, that surgery was supposed to have rectified, and now have persistant lower abdomenal irritation (similiar to a bladder infection). I had an MRI last week. results: "no indications of physical deformity" And had lab work for bladder/UTI.. results: negative.
I am not "wishing" to have an issue, I just want to find out what is wrong and start taking steps to feel better. I am starting to lose it.

need a pep talk or an "I've been there".
Is this a normal part of healing. I didn't have any of the "urinary type" issues when I was home..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Re: Frustration mounting (rant) and ??s

Mrssoupmix,
I'm sorry your dealing with pain, and I'm sending a big hug your way!!
I have been there....several times unfortunately. I'm dealing with pain again now. UGH! Hopefully yours is just due to post op healing? If you don't get any relief call your dr. again. I am living proof that diagnostic test do NOT always show abnormalities. Before my last surgery I had several CT scans, U/S, and an MRI. test results all negative. Surgeon said something is going on I don't care what the test show. He found my bowels had fallen completely out of the sac and my bladder fell too. I had lots of adhesions as well. Good luck to you!!!!!!
Unread 07-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Re: Frustration mounting (rant) and ??s

I am only a few days out of my surgery, but had a friend who had hers over a year ago and had some issues with her back. She works for a physical therapy office and they were able to help her. Might be something to look into for your back at least. Know from my many struggles with back issues not related, at least don't think so, to menstrual issues physical therapy can make a world of difference. Worth a try if you can get a referral.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register