Painful Intercourse 2 years after complication-free hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Painful Intercourse 2 years after complication-free hysterectomy Painful Intercourse 2 years after complication-free hysterectomy

Unread 02-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Painful Intercourse 2 years after complication-free hysterectomy

I had a complication-free hysterectomy 2 years ago today. Felt great afterwards. Glad the painful periods are gone, BUT, I am having a lot of pain during sex, it didn't hurt as much in the beginning. Now, every time we have sex it feels as though he is "hitting" something. It only hurts in my vagina, I don't get cramps or any other pain. And as soon as he stops, the pain stops. I told my PA that it feels like he is hitting something and she said well, your vagina gets shorter as you age, but this didn't happen until I had my surgery. Only answer was to take HRT which I won't do. I have one ovary. I don't know if it is still working or not. I did have hot flashes right after the surgery for about a month but then it stopped and I am not having any other symptoms. She did tell me to try other kinds of lubricants. One that you use every night whether you have sex or not (Luvena Pre-biotic) and another specifically for during sex. She said NOT to use KY, that it just dries up and isn't that good. Has this helped anyone else? I used it once and it was so messy and ended up all over the place while I was trying to apply it (and is kind of expensive to use everyday forever!) so I didn't buy anymore, but if someone can tell me it really made a difference and made them feel like before, I will give it a real try. Other ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2014, 08:44 AM
Re: Painful Intercourse 2 years after complication-free hysterectomy

Yes, this sounds just like me. I went to a bio-identical hormone Dr, she put me on a compounded mix of dhea and testosterone, plus estrace cream that I use vaginally everyday, since it goes into the vagina not much gets into the bloodstream. It helps plump up the tissues, I'm also seeing a physical therapist for the pelvic floor and she is doing exercises with me and stretching the vaginal muscles. I kept my cervix, and I can say it feels uncomfortable when it is bumped. I Use to feel tighter down there not so now, I think it's hormone related. If you don't want to take hormones find a good herbalist there are natural things you can take that will help but without blood work first you won't know your levels. I would do yoga to help the pelvic floor, possible talk to a good pt pelvic therapist, look into the Crystal wand it helps stretch those muscles....I also heard vitamin E suppositories work, Google them. Good luck, May God help all of us women going through this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register