Did anyone go NO HRT after hysterectomy? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone go NO HRT after hysterectomy? Did anyone go NO HRT after hysterectomy?

Unread 08-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Did anyone go NO HRT after hysterectomy?

cmcd....Yeah, the first step is a doozie...LOL. good luck to you . Sounds like you got a good dr. I suffered years with endo than finally large cysts that burst, and doctor said when he goes in if it's bad he will do complete which he did. I too am greatful for this site, finding over a year after the fact. It's saved me a lot of time searching....
I wish I was given the option and knew better. I wouldn't have gone on HRT. I am almost 4 months no HRT, am detoxing still, but I FEEL ALOT different and better. I didn't have flashes after surgery though my doctor kept asking me. It was months later, after being on medz that I started having incidents. than the other symptoms kicked in. I hated the end of weeks..when it was time to change my patch, etc...
So many ladies with so many commonalities. We have all been blind sided by medical technology and the pharmacy world. My doctor later told me that many ladies don't need HRT after surgery but than surgical menopause tended to be more serious. So after all the ups and downs over the years, I stopped. Thank god I was working...
Good luck to you and take it easy as long as you can... Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2006, 01:33 PM

mrsdolittle,
???? Could you explain your hot flash cocktail. The omega 3 fatty acid part. . .what is epo? I know flaxseed oil. Is it together? Do you take in when you have a hot flash or preventively?
I use progesterone cream, used it for years. Love it! Is the estrogen cr over the counter or Rx?
I had my hyster 3 wks ago and I'm having night sweats and insomnia. My mood swings dramatically. I have one ovary so I expected to be fine hormonally. I pray the poor ole gal kicks in and starts doing her thing!

I have Dr John Lee's book. Great book and resource.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Unread 08-25-2006, 02:44 PM

I hope you are ok now. I am4 weeks post and so far pretty good .I did have some headaches and hot flashes at first but now nothing, my moods are pretty good and I really thought that I was gonna be this total maniac baskit case and I am really happy that so far things are not too bad. good luck to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2006, 02:16 AM

Had LSH w/ BSO on Aug 2. Dr. said he wouldn't put me on anything for 6 weeks - actually he is not a fan of HRT and probably won't put me on anything at my checkup. I think he prefers natural with help of diet, exercise, and vitamins. Had adeno too so I don't think I'm a candidate for HRT. Hot flashes, headaches, insomnia, a little memory fog at times. Dealing with it all as best I can. This is a great site for information and I just got Dr. Lee's book from the library and can't wait to read it. Plan on discussing things with doc at my checkup and want to know what I'm talking about.
Unread 08-26-2006, 08:19 AM

I hope I dont have to go hrt, although I have one third of an ovary I hope I will be ok. Is the problem with hrt stroke ect. Im not real clear on the big no no on hrt.This is all so new to me , I never thought I would have to worry about it now Iam overwhelmed at the thought. HELP...............
Unread 08-26-2006, 04:22 PM

Thanks Sisters for all your replies. It looks like you can still live without HRT. Since I am dealing with pre-cancer I probably wouldn't be able to take them anyways. But then, before finding this out I was planning on a natural transition into menopause anyway.

Best of luck to you all. You're all the BEST

Hugs
Unread 08-26-2006, 04:47 PM

So far I'm HRT-free. I'm 7 weeks post, and I stopped birth control pills about 3 weeks pre surgery. I was having really bad peri symptoms before the surgery, but now the only thing I have are the night sweats and hot flashes. My doctor says that if I feel I need HRT then he'll put me on the lowest dose that works for the shortest possible time. By the way, what is a "chillow"?
Unread 08-26-2006, 07:03 PM

ok what exactly does HRT do. Give you estergin to help with the hot flashes and night sweats right. But what else does it do? Is there a benifit to taking it after a hysterectomy I am 51 this month and already into menopause before the surgery
Unread 08-26-2006, 07:17 PM

I dont know, all I know is that people that have taken it say they feel so good on it and bad when they go off, loss of energy mostly, but so far without it I feel better than I thought so far, but Im only 4 wks. posttoo so things may change for me ,I hope not, has any one had bad depression yet ? I here alot of that too , I dont think Iam just bored and ready to get back to my reg. life..........hang in there .....
Unread 08-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Menopause

I've done a lot of reading on menopause and HRT in the last couple of months. I hit menopause about a year ago and I've had nearly all the awful symptoms on the list! For now, I'm going to experiment with a combination of over-the-counter herbs and vitamins to see if that works for me. The hot flashes are not nearly as bad now as they were before the surgery.

Here's a link to a good overview on menopause symptoms and treatments.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_menopause.htm

Good Luck Everyone!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register