Surgery was dec. 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery was dec. 13 Surgery was dec. 13

Unread 12-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Surgery was dec. 13

Surgery went well, I only stayed in hospital one night. Had to get a shot to help with pain. At home and dealing with gas. May have to get something to help with that problem. Other than that I feel tired but okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Re: Surgery was dec. 13

I am glad to hear everything went well with your surgery. I have had to deal with gas as well. I found drinking lots of water and walking as I was up to it helped. I also watched what I ate which wasn't hard as unfortunately I have no appetite. Some feel Gas X helps. Good luck.
Unread 12-15-2012, 10:00 AM

Finally home from the hospital. I had surgery on Dec. 13 and my surgeon said everything went well. Was suppose to be home yesturday but had nausae and a lot more pain than expected. Doing much better today and glad to be home. Going to take a nap now exhausted from the ride home. Have a good day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM

New sisters, I'm happy to hear that your surgeries went well and you are feeling relatively well. As kitkat said, many sisters use GasX with good results. I found that massaging my belly and using a heating pad seemed to get things moving, too.

Hang in there. That horrible gas pain will let up.
Unread 12-15-2012, 12:14 PM

I was on 13th too.
I'm mean and it hurts to wee...burns. They are aware of it.
I was so nauseated yesterday ..rode home for 2.5 hours hugging a bucket.
They didn't take the Ovaries and the Tubes....too high for a Vaginal...I'm so disappointed.......but they were so happy they got the U and the Cervix.
I am in such a bad mood...meaner than a junk yard dog.
I have to inject a blood thinner Lovanox in my belly for 28 days...I am not sure I can do this.

Everyone rest...I'm going to try and eat now...yogurt Activa ... is good for bowels, along with a probiotic....along with Colace and Clear Metimucil .... and GASX...I haven't had gas...but I haven't eaten..

The Vicodin here at home will be thrown away soon...the Percocet in the Hospital was okay I guess....but I'm not going to keep taking this stuff....

Good luck all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register