TVH almost 5 weeks post op & still can't sit... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

almost 5 weeks post op & still can't sit... almost 5 weeks post op & still can't sit...

Unread 04-19-2011, 06:22 PM
almost 5 weeks post op & still can't sit...

Hystersisters!

I had a TVH on 3/17 and I'm still having a hard time sitting! Is this normal? I feel fine and I think I could go back to work but I sit at a desk for 8 hours. I can't even sit on the floor or in a pew (at a 90* angle upright) at church for an hour- how can I possibly go back to work on 5/2?

I can feel (I know TMI) that I'm still swelled up "down there" yet. I've read a lot of the posts here and it seems that most of the women have had some kind of incision in their stomach's and since I've had it all done vaginally I can't really compare with them. No incisions on the outside anyway

I still can't wear my pre-op pants either! I've watched the scale and it's actually gone down so I'm not gaining weight. When I'm home alone (like now) I sit on the floor by our dog, but I can only do that sitting back or on the side.

I'm sorry for venting, but I'd be grateful for any comments or suggestions on what to do for this! Thanks sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Re: almost 5 weeks post op & still can't sit...

Hi Smartens,

I had a TVH on 4/1 and also return to work on 5/2. I have never had any kind of swelling or soreness of any kind in my vaginal area. Have you talked to your doctor about this? I don't know what is the norm for that area for a TVH. I do know that during the procedure there are a lot of instruments inserted and holding that area open. Maybe you have bruising of some sort? Do cold packs help?

Sorry I'm not much help but I wanted to let you know I cared!
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:37 PM

Parrot- Thanks! I go back for my 6 week next week & if I'm still having the soreness there I will definately ask. I'm just not sure if it's normal & wanted to ask other women.

I never thought of a cold pack, I will try it! I'm SO willing to try anything! Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2011, 07:37 PM

Did you have any other repairs? I had several repairs done with my TVH and I am 9 weeks post-op and still get swelling and achiness done below if I sit or stand too much. My doctor said it takes some people longer, but that when he looks everything is healing just fine. I would check with your doctor though. Good luck to you!
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:49 PM

If it's been 5 weeks and you can't sit comfortably, you should call into your doctor right away rather than waiting until next week. Call and tell them and see what they suggest.
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:58 PM

After my hysterectomy I had an undiagnosed and atypical yeast infection that seemed to last forever. After several visits, I finally got it correctly diagnosed by going to a major teaching hospital in the Chicago area. You are probably just sore from all of the trauma, but thought I should pass along the information.
Unread 04-19-2011, 08:00 PM

I agree with Sassine...I would not wait. Five weeks is a long time....I had trouble sitting at first with the soreness from the catheter and the procedure. However it passed within a week or so. Cold packs definitely helped me. HOWEVER...it's been too long...call the doc.

Jen
Unread 04-19-2011, 08:04 PM

Oh, btw, it was the yeast infection giving me all of the discomfort! I couldn't even wear pants.
Unread 04-19-2011, 08:58 PM

Thank you ladies! I will call him tomorrow and see what he says. I didn't have any other repair work done- that I know of I do know that when I had the surgery it went quicker than expected and I had no complications. I thought everyone was like me, so I'm glad that I asked!

I don't know what I would do without this site- there's no else I can ask these questions to! Thank you again!
Unread 04-19-2011, 09:35 PM

I'm sorry you are having so much pain sitting. My TVH, rectocele, cystocele, sling were 2 days before yours, and I find I have trouble sitting more in the morning, it is almost like my body gets stiff overnight. Unfortunately I had to go back to work 3 weeks ago, and I assure you the sitting becomes more comfortable with time. The important thing is not to hurry your body. I find that I feel best lying flat. You should probably talk to your Dr. to be sure all is fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register