First Week Back | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First Week Back First Week Back

Unread 08-04-2006, 01:34 PM
First Week Back

So, went back to work at the 5 week mark this past Monday.(Do people count the day of surgery or the day after as post op? I had surgery on a Monday so....)

There's about a 3 hour commute everyday, but luckily I only have administrative duties right now - no students on campus yet...............BUT, I couldn't make the whole week! (Today's Friday and thank goodness I am home!!!)

At least I stood up for myself and told them - no lifting, not bending down to get stuff, etc...at first they wanted me to move my new school supplies and equipment to my classroom, but I said, "Nope, can't do it!"

Again, luckily, my head of school said not come in today (they're painting - fumes are bad anyway) as a trade for coming in Sunday. My head wants to meet with me where we can have quiet work time together with no one else around for a few hours.

Not doing a full day yet(I'm ususally at school from 7:30 to 4:30) - first two days 9:30 to about 2:30, then 8:00 to 3:00 or 3:30 for the last two days....ssooooo tired. The first day, when I got home and sat down, it was such a total relief with aches all over my body, especially my feet, legs, and lower back. Yesterday, after the fourth day my belly was so swollen and sore!
What am I going to do? I am contracted for the month of August and have a vital project I am working on that can't wait!!! Any suggestions on how to make my life easier at work so I don't collapse half way through the week? (And, it can't be NOT to go in....) Wahhhh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2006, 02:47 PM
First Week Back

I went back at 2 1/2 weeks only part time (yes, I'm crazy). I have a part office job part field job and haven't done any field travel yet. I found that on the days I worked I made arrangements to go straight home and lie down or at least get in my recliner so I didn't have to do laundry or work. That's just how it has to be to get through this. If my family want anything done they'll have to do it when I feel bad. I'm really not as tough as I sound but they haven't complained yet. I am working now and we're ordering pizza tonight!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register