Prolapse Question.... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Prolapse Question.... Prolapse Question....

Unread 09-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Re: Prolapse Question....

Yep to the point that I"d have to take an Imodium or it felt like I was gonna really prolapse my rectum! ugh! Then I won't go for about a day, then it's back to problem bm. Slowly getting normalized, but thankfully there's no pain involved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2009, 10:30 AM

I just had my TVH 091609 - my doctor mentioned the other repairs as well may have to be done, but she would see when she got my uterus out. All that was needed was tacking my bladder up just a bit. I had no pain whatsoever however I pressed that morphine pump alot the first 12 hrs - it made me very sick to my stomach until they removed it in the morning. I could get nothing down...that was the only bad thing. The surgery was no problem. I am home 5 days post op - I quit taking pain meds the day after I was home because it was not needed.

Don't fret about this surgery! Going pee was no trouble - in fact it felt good to be able to go normal without having my cervix in the way!

Bm's? I am taking benefiber twice a day and also dulcolax. Everything is moving along GREAT!

I am more than blessed and thankful that this is all over with. Now I just need to stay quiet despite the fact that I feel just fine! Maybe just a wee bit tired!

Good luck gals! It will be okay!
Unread 09-21-2009, 10:37 AM

Thanx blueeyedwonder im so glad i spoke to you because thats exactly whats happening to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2009, 12:37 PM

I have a prolapse and like you it is one of the reasons for my scheduled hysterectomy. I understand that a prolapse does worsen over time, my Dr told me this at my last appointment, it would gradually get worse and worse. Also by its nature it worsens as the day progresses due to gravity. I will become aware of my prolapse anytime from about 10 am everyday. By the evening it is very pronounced and if it is one of my very active days, playing badminton or Irish dancing the only thing that makes up for the pressure is the endorphins from the excercise. I think in the advice somewhere along the way I read you should rest when the pressure becomes bad. If I lie down it does ease but really only properly eases during the night. Anyway maybe we will all be resting plenty soon. I'm looking forward to saying goodbye to all that pressure, (and the diffs I have with bm because of it) and we can't exactly complain about it - imagine saying in work "oh I have to rest if feels like there's a football in my vagina"!!
Unread 09-21-2009, 01:42 PM

That's what I am finding works the best for me. I do some housework, etc. then lay down for a hour or so. I do that throughout the day. The pressure/pain seems to stay under control that way. Of course, using the bathroom still isn't comfy though. I CAN NOT wait till Wednesday!!!!

Thanks to all for input and your own situations with this!
Unread 09-21-2009, 01:46 PM

Hi fellow Michigander!

It will go just fine for you too. I was scared to have the surgery and I've had the prolapse for YEARS. Now that it's over with - I ask myself: WHY DID YOU WAIT SO LONG?

I wish you much luck - here's to a speedy recovery and easy surgery just like mine was. It will be okay - Judy
Unread 09-21-2009, 03:33 PM

Irishdancer, that's why I went ahead and got mine taken care of. Other then feeling like "there's a football in my vagina" I had no other problems. But I knew it *would* get worse as I got older. Timing just seemed to work out to get it fixed now.

I can't wait for my restrictions to be off, then I can really start living without having this pressure constantly be there. I can already tell the difference and I gotta say, I'm glad I did it.
Unread 09-21-2009, 03:45 PM

BlueEyedWonder - I can totally relate with you too. I never thought of it like a football down there - but darn, it fits the bill for sure!

I am on day 5 post op after TVH - I am going nuts with boredom. However, I want it all to stay put, and I will just continue to be bored. Doing little stuff, lots of paperwork!

It's it amazing how different ya feel - no more trickling....back to the way I was years ago.

Timing was perfect for me to - not working - good insurance. Also my doctor kept warning me not to put it off as the older you get the harder it will be for you.

Judy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register