Scheduled TAH Panic attacks please help :( (children mentioned) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Panic attacks please help :( (children mentioned) Panic attacks please help :( (children mentioned)

Unread 12-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Re: Panic attacks please help :( (children mentioned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovi'ssheila View Post
I had my surgery Nov 15. I cried for two weeks before from the fear of surgery. Same fears you all described. I had anxiety too. Try not to think too much about it --i know its easier said than done. You will be fine. They wouldn't operate on you if they didn't know what they were doing. You will be safe in their hands.
My husband keeps telling me that everything will be fine and I will be ok. I have a positive attitude, and I believe I know what to expect. I don't care what he says about not taking the pain meds. He sure did when he had a kidney stone Anyway I plan on cleaning the house tomorrow and have a little Christmas Party tomorrow night to go to. So I am going to stay busy tomorrow so I won't have time to think about Tuesday. And I have opportunity for quite a few bubble baths!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imblonde View Post
My husband keeps telling me that everything will be fine and I will be ok. I have a positive attitude, and I believe I know what to expect. I don't care what he says about not taking the pain meds. He sure did when he had a kidney stone Anyway I plan on cleaning the house tomorrow and have a little Christmas Party tomorrow night to go to. So I am going to stay busy tomorrow so I won't have time to think about Tuesday. And I have opportunity for quite a few bubble baths!
I know how you feel. my husband keeps telling me everything will be fine and to quit worrying. Now he has never had a surgery before so he has no idea what this feels like. I love him with all my heart but he doesn't understand.
Unread 12-12-2010, 04:26 PM

Aramie: your mom might have some problems if she were flying today or maybe tomorrow, but after that it looks like the weather is going to calm down for the east. It will be cold, though, so make sure to warn your mom to bring her warm woolies! Also, if she is delayed, she should not be shy about telling the airline's customer service agent that she is traveling to take care of a family member after surgery. They try to get everybody where they're going as quickly as possible, but they are also caring human beings and they really do look out for people who have important personal needs to get where they're going.

This is a general approach that I think is good to take as you face your hysterectomy: ASK FOR HELP. Ask your doctor, not just for the medical treatment but for information, reassurance, etc. Ask your coworkers to help you out at work. Ask friends to do errands, ask your children to keep you company in ways that comfort you, ask neighbors for a ride to the hospital. This not only helps you with practical details, but helps you emotionally, as you realize that you ARE connected with many people who wish you well -- even if you don't know most of their names.
Unread 12-12-2010, 04:33 PM

I know what you're going thru, my TVH is scheduled for tomorrow (14th Dec) , and my mind is going crazy with everything !! I'm on the verge of cancelling it but at the same time I know I can't / won't.

Anyway just wanted to send you a message of good luck and peace, and see you on the other side lol!!
Unread 12-12-2010, 04:48 PM

yeah my mom is a very pushy woman. I bet if the filght was delayed she would make the pilot drive her!!! My husband is taking off of work wed, thurs, and friday and will be home for the weekend. He is picking up my mom on saturday so if she is delayed we have one more day to prepare. My best friend would help but she just had her hysterectomy last thursday. We don't know many people around here because we are from FL but my husbands G-parents live here but we dont let them watch the kids, grandpa is too rough. I have another close friend that is willing to help if I need her so I have things figured out for the most part.
Unread 12-12-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicana View Post
I know what you're going thru, my TVH is scheduled for tomorrow (14th Dec) , and my mind is going crazy with everything !! I'm on the verge of cancelling it but at the same time I know I can't / won't.

Anyway just wanted to send you a message of good luck and peace, and see you on the other side lol!!
Thank you!! Good luck with your surgery! I will be thinking of all of you wonderfull women while I am in the castle because you all have helped me in one way or another!! Ill see you on the other side!!
Unread 12-13-2010, 02:52 AM

Aramie... I am in Pennsylvania too!! So nice to meet you. I was beginning to think I was all alone here in this HUGE state lol. What part of PA are you from? I am near Harrisburg. I will pray for you and your family. God bless you, and I pray you have a fabulous recovery. *Hugs*
Unread 12-13-2010, 01:03 PM

I cried every single day for a month before my surgery. I cried hysterically the two days (and nights) before my surgery.

Just speaking from experience, I can tell you it will be worth it! The day of surgery, I felt a lot of peace and just felt comfortable with my decision. I came to a point where I felt I could no longer control much and had to trust my doctors and God. (Don't mean to get religious but it is what helped me.)

You will be fine! i was so nervous and I was considered "super-high risk" for surgery and did absolutely fine. You will be okay!

Please check in when your surgery is done.
Unread 12-13-2010, 04:55 PM

Hello Plumnice! I am in warren!! Well ladies I have some bad news well sort of. Today I slipped on the ice and fell head first. So now I have to wait until tomarrow and get checked by the anestheologist(sp) to make sure I don't have a concussion. I know I am nervous and all for the surgery, but I know that I need it. I am going to be really upset if they cancel on me. I don't think I have one but they have to be sure. Say a prayer for me please. Thank you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register