Unbearable gas pains…. again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Unbearable gas pains…. again Unbearable gas pains…. again

Unread 02-20-2014, 11:25 PM
Unbearable gas pains…. again

*sigh* I am one week post-op and the gas pains in my chest/shoulder have returned with a vengeance. It hurts to breathe and to yawn is excruciating. Why are they returning now? Anything that will help other than walking (it's late and I need to sleep) or gas-X (tried taking it and it doesn't help). Will my hydrocodone help with these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Re: Unbearable gas pains…. again

I'm in the same boat. I ate something that caused the gas to flair up. Pain meds haven't seemed to help me at all with it. Laying on my right side with a pillow between my legs and mylanta has all that has seemed to help but only slightly at that.

(Had to edit. The pillow was not between my pants. Hahaha)
Unread 02-20-2014, 11:34 PM

It seems odd that this kind of pain would return. Once the gas dissipates, it should stay gone. Gas-x is good for preventing intestinal gas pains, but it won't help the CO2 pains, but it seems that a week out it may be something else. Perhaps you pulled something? If it gets worse, you should call the doc right away, and you might want to call your doc tomorrow anyway as you shouldn't be having excruciating pain. You might want to use a heating pad. The hydrocodone and/or the ibuprofen would likely help some, but you need to find out the cause. Hopefully, it's nothing and you get some sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2014, 12:00 AM

All I know, I started moving around more since I was feeling well and its like it bubbled up from wherever it was hiding. Lol. It def is the gas pain I've been dealing with since the surgery.
Unread 02-21-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCamilleri View Post
All I know, I started moving around more since I was feeling well and its like it bubbled up from wherever it was hiding. Lol. It def is the gas pain I've been dealing with since the surgery.
I moved a bit more today too, and I seem to be paying for it with this pain.
Unread 02-21-2014, 12:22 AM

Peppermint tea and walking around helped me lots and wen u sit on the loo gently whilst holding UR tummy rock back n forth that helped me too took about 2/3 days to be on the better side of it oh n font eat too much high fibre it csused gas try black licqorice for the bowels it's pretty gentle but effective wishing all the best xox
Unread 02-21-2014, 12:25 AM

I found that getting my shoulders below my waist helped keep the gas out of my upper abdomen. If you can, get on all fours. Or lean over the arm of your couch. Even better if you can get a loved one to rub your back while you do this. ;-)
Unread 02-21-2014, 01:47 AM

I feel your pain I had my TAH one day before yours and have delt with this every day. I found that leaning over the arm of a couch as recommended works wonders. As well as f you take a pain pill take a stool softener as well as they cause constipation; and that's a pain that's not a good mix with gas. . Also heat, place a heating pad on basically your tail bone it'll ease the pain. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Unread 02-21-2014, 06:35 PM

I know exactly what you're saying. Only thing that's helping me is having someone rub it very very hard. (((Hugs)))
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:58 PM

Yes one week, my gas pains and heartburn is hurting me so bad, I went to dinner and drink a margarita, eventually I had to run to the restroom to earl. I was too disgusted and want to go home. Now I am laying in the bed with a heating pad on my stomach..........one week up

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register