testosterone once a day? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

testosterone once a day? testosterone once a day?

Unread 09-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Re: testosterone once a day?

Yes, it's normal for it to take 2-3 weeks to feel a difference when you start testosterone. For me it was two weeks as well.

It's also normal to have anxiety, or feelings of aggression, when the testosterone is going too high. I snapped at people easily over nothing when it happened to me.

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2011, 04:34 PM

I don't feel aggression, I feel real NICE. The anxiety bothered me tho, but I'm not 100% sure it was from the T. I've been having some ups and downs from this move we are making to another state. It's getting closer to the big move and I start worrying about EVERYTHING. Some days I worry and others I don't.
I do know what you mean by aggression tho caused by too much T. I had this one idiot Dr. about 3 years ago who put me on 3mg of T. And I got SO ANGRY that I wanted to fight with everyone. I was ready to rumble with anyone over anything. I went back to him and complained about it and he said, "that has nothing to do with the T - it's just you." Well..... I never went back to him!!! I went off it right quick and found another Dr. One thing I like about this Dr. is that he is very conservative with his dosages. He starts out low and will only raise it in small increments. I will admit, I pushed him into the 1 mg vs. the .4mg because nothing was happening. I started out on .2mg then .3mg then to the .4. He wanted to go with .5mg taking 1ml a day but I talked with the pharmacist and he said that most of their compounding is between a 1 and 2 mg (using that same 0.1%).
I guess my Dr. didn't think that it was too outrageous otherwise I know he would have said NO to me if he thought it was a really high dose.
I just think my libido receptors are saying - HELLO!!! We are still here. I just wish I knew what normal libido feels like. Maybe I'm not over the top. It's just been SO LONG since I had any libido at all, I have forgotten what it is like. I have felt NOTHING for alot of years. Like close to 7 years. I feel alive again.
Unread 09-16-2011, 04:44 PM

It is possible your stress is affecting things. You keep mentioning "the move" so it is affecting you alot. With your stress about this, could be that all the T in the world isn't going to help at the moment. I would keep it low and be patient.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2011, 04:51 PM

Sure the move is stressful and is causing the ups and downs. But this added T IS working. Having gone from NO libido at all and down and depressed to LIBIDO and more of a happy feeling. Like I said above in one of my posts, I think the anxiety is probably related to the move and not the T. I'm seeing mostly good things from the T minus the anxiety. I have libido again and haven't seen that in YEARS. I think I blamed the anxiety on the T dose and that probably had nothing to do with it.
Unread 09-16-2011, 05:02 PM

So what is this all about than? Your initial question was asking how often others applied their testosterone. Glad to hear you're feeling nice. Should be helpful with the move.
Unread 09-16-2011, 05:11 PM

OH!!!! Sorry... I'm watching tv and doing this at the same time
I started another post regarding my confusion on the % of the T. LOL!!!! I thought I was on that same post NOT this one. So, yeah, you're right.... "what is this all about??" My bad.... I can see how Im not making any sense on this particular post.
Unread 09-16-2011, 07:31 PM

BTW stress can cause your body to burn through estrogen faster... and anxiety definitely can be a sign of low estrogen.

s,
-Linda
Unread 09-16-2011, 07:39 PM

yup and sometimes I will have some AM hot flashes because of that. When that happens, I don't panic about it or anything -- just need to mellow that anxiety out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register