anger??/ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-16-2009, 02:41 PM
anger??/

is anyone just extra angry or moody since thier surgery? im 3 days post op.. and want to kill everyone.. no one is making me happy my kids are driving me crazy i keep telling my husband i hate him... I dont know what the deal is! I cant seem to get happy! anyone eles going threw this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Re: anger??/

I remember feeling like that a few days after my hyst. I don't know whether it was physical or emotional...or maybe both. It did pass and everyone survived - no unmarked graves in the backyard tomato patch.

See if you can explain to your family that right now you're just feeling touchy and that you're needing a little extra TLC and understanding. Let them know that pain, hormones, emotional stress and other factors could be causing this & you're not sure what it is...but that you're controlling it the best you can, but don't want to hurt their feelings in the meantime.

Can you get away to a friend's house for a day or two of your recovery? Sometimes we feel less free to react like that with a friend than we would a family member. Just a thought.

You're going through a lot emotionally and physically right now. Take care of you & open lines of communication with your family. Apologize in advance if you need to for grumpiness. :-) I did that & they seemed a bit more understanding.
Stacie
Unread 11-16-2009, 04:20 PM

Part of it is all the medications that need to get out of your system. & Yes, they make you act a little nuts. Part of it is probably hormones. My ovaries went to sleep & I was thrown into all those night sweats & hot flashes & mood swings. You have just been through a Major surgery so give your self a break. Just tell them you are grouchy & stay away for a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2009, 04:47 PM

thanks Gals
Unread 11-16-2009, 05:01 PM

Yeah maybe you should ask your doc for different pain meds, I get angry easy on some pain meds and not others. I take hydrocodone which works well for me and doesnt make me so irritable although it does make all my senses more sensitive, especially my hearing, I cant take loud noises, like the kids yelling, or the t.v too loud, my hubby is a musician and that has been hard for both of us cause anytime he tries to play music I have to ask him to turn it down. Well take care of yourself, get lots of rest. Maybe try some yoga breathing when you feel yourself getting angry. Or maybe go take a shower to get away from the source (if you are feeling up to it) I had a chair that I could put into my shower so that I could relax in the water without having to stand up for to long. I hope you feel better soon
Unread 11-16-2009, 05:36 PM

I dont know what the deal is.. they have me on demoral, ive never taken it before... but i am sooo moody today... I mean everything is honkerblonking me off.... I really am to the point of packing up all my stuff with my kids and moving back to texas... i have no friends here... the one who watched my kids the day/night of surgery.. she keeps backing out on helping like she said she would, i asked her to stop by fro 30 mins bc my DH had to go get a mandatroy H1N1 shot, as he is military... they called him in off leave to get it done, and she was like... oh i cant. my hubby dont want me to have the car, im 3 days post opp and have a 22 month old and a 4 yr old.. i cant lift... she didnt see that! we had plans for thanksgiving we have had them for like 3 months and NOW she wants to back out of that too.. bc her hubby dont want to have a big one.... I am so sick of helping her with her whining looser HUSBAND and watching her DEAMON children.... but i do it because she is a "friend" ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry i have to get this out! i todl her not to worrry about it.. now she is Im'ing my DH trying to make it all better! i have so much going on right now i want to say screw it all, curl up in a ball and die! i hate these feelings!!!!
Unread 11-17-2009, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benham1123 View Post
I dont know what the deal is.. they have me on demoral, ive never taken it before... but i am sooo moody today... I mean everything is honkerblonking me off.... I really am to the point of packing up all my stuff with my kids and moving back to texas... i have no friends here... the one who watched my kids the day/night of surgery.. she keeps backing out on helping like she said she would, i asked her to stop by fro 30 mins bc my DH had to go get a mandatroy H1N1 shot, as he is military... they called him in off leave to get it done, and she was like... oh i cant. my hubby dont want me to have the car, im 3 days post opp and have a 22 month old and a 4 yr old.. i cant lift... she didnt see that! we had plans for thanksgiving we have had them for like 3 months and NOW she wants to back out of that too.. bc her hubby dont want to have a big one.... I am so sick of helping her with her whining looser HUSBAND and watching her DEAMON children.... but i do it because she is a "friend" ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry i have to get this out! i todl her not to worrry about it.. now she is Im'ing my DH trying to make it all better! i have so much going on right now i want to say screw it all, curl up in a ball and die! i hate these feelings!!!!
Oh hun, please feel free to get it all out we are all here for you. And you are right she is not being a very good friend to you right now. Maybe you should email her or even call her and tell her how crappy she is being, if she is your real friend she will get over herself and help you out, and if she doesnt get over herself then she is not your friend. You dont need the extra stress right now. You said your hubby is military, do you live on a base? Is there maybe a support group that you could connect with that is local that maybe they could give you a hand?
You might not be comfortable with something like that, just a suggestion though. I wish I was close cause I would totally come give you hand. These feelings will go away eventually. How is hubby, is he being helpful? I hope he is. You said you have a 4 year old, maybe you could give your peanut little jobs to do, like get you water, or snacks. During one of my past surgeries I would give my 4 year jobs, I would ask him to get the bread, the peanut butter, and the jelly out of the fridge and have him bring it to me so that I could make sandwiches without actually getting off my butt After my first surgery my daughter was only 22 months also, and she would help me get up off the couch and walk me to the bathroom. She loved to snuggle with me on the couch, and I would read to her or we would just watch movies together. I showed them my incisions and that really help them to understand that Mommy was hurt and couldnt do alot of the things that I could before, at least for a little while. I hope that this helps.
And please remember that this will pass, I know that its annoying when someone says that cause I am sure you are feeling like this is going to last forever, but it really wont.
Keep coming here for support, advice, and to complain all you want. Venting it all out can really make you feel better. I was having a horrible week last week, I literally cried my eyes out all day tuesday, I was so angry at my husband for no reason, I yelled at the kids for nothing, so I started to type what was going on in my life, I complained about my husband and it made me feel better. Another thing that help me feel better this week was I was intimate with my husband, I know that you are to early to actually have sex yet but you could cuddle with your hubby. That might make you feel better.
I hope that at least some of this has helped. Please dont take any of my advice as me trying to tell you what to do. I am just saying what has worked for me. Please take care of yourself. You only have one chance to heal correctly from this ordeal. Please take care and dont forget we are totally and completely here for you no matter what
Happy recovery
p.s sorry this is so long, I just really wanted you to know that we care and that you are not the only dealing with this crap I am so ready to be all healed, but all I can do is take one day at a time
Unread 11-17-2009, 02:32 AM

Oh sorry one more thing, order pizza for Thanksgiving thats what my hubby wants to do this year cause I dont know if I will feel up to cooking, and well he doesnt really know how, and he doesnt want to go to either of our parents houses. Just a thought
Unread 11-17-2009, 07:13 AM

Wow, thanks gals, i really feel like I 'belong" here so to speak.. everyone is so welcoming with help and listening to me vent.. I really love all of you!

as far as Thanksgiving, Hubby said he would make a brisket.. and OMG his are the best.. and I have yet to find good Bar b Q here in KY so we shall see!!!

gas pains are not my big issue, i had gas before surgery so i guess it just keep going, i am finally feeling like im empting my bladder when i go potty... i found it rather strange when i got discharged, they didnt ask if i had passed gas, or if i pee'd, I told them i peed a "tiny" amount adn they said that was good enough to go home...

Pain in under control, im just swollen! going threw the night with out meds, i did toss and turn more last night, i have a feeling it was the emotional issues i had before bed last night...

once agian thank you to everyone for listening ot me cry...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register