Aloha ~ I'm New | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aloha ~ I'm New Aloha ~ I'm New

Unread 02-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Aloha ~ I'm New

Let me start with a simple introduction. My name is Kris I am a mother of 2 natural girls, a 12 year old foster son (soon to be adopted) and a 5 month old foster son, we are stationed in hawaii far from home and friends and I am now almost 4 weeks post op from a complete abdominal hysterectomy including ovaries. I am only 33 years old and have been fighting with so many female issues. The operation went well and on day 5 there were a few purple marks on my abdomen right at the incision (27 staples included). The small amount of swelling present made the doc decide to take out the staples and when he did my incision opened up. You got it wide open and bloody with purple/blackish blood clots all in it. So for the last almost 4 weeks we have been packing (bless my hubby for his new chores) and dressing changes 3 times a day. My skin is about to just give up due to all the tape ( we are using both silk and paper and no relief to either) and Im so frustrated. But now my concern is that I can finally lay down in a somewhat comfy position at night I can't sleep due to hot flashes. I can't do HRT or any form of hormones due to breast cancer history so what do I do. Has anyone been in my shoes. I feel somewhat in more of a worse condition then I was before I started all this but I know once the incision heals things ( I pray ) will get better.

On a lighter note. I look forward to getting to know everyone here and hopefully being of some help to those who are in the process of joining us as post hysterectomy.

Aloha
Kris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Aloha ~ I'm New

Hello, Kris and

We're happy you joined the Hyster Sisters community! It sounds like you are dealing with some unpleasant bumps in the road to recovery, but I'd wager you're on the winning end of the battle!

Please post your hormonal woes and questions on the "No Hormone Desert Oasis" Forum, which is designed for members who can't take HRT or choose not to. There will be members there with lots of hugs to dispense and good suggestions and support! It's located here:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...?s=&forumid=34

Many s and Best Wishes to You!
Unread 02-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Aloha ~ I'm New

Yes, Welcome here Kris,

Oh mercy, sounds like you have your hands full with a difficult recovery and a house full of kids! I sure hope you have help!

Many here have had to go forward in life without the ovaries. Do check out the forum that Bizet Woman mentioned and hopefully a sister will have some suggestions.

You take care and best wishes
Maralyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Aloha ~ I'm New

Greetings and welcome!!!
I am fairly new here myself...I too am 33yrs old and had a TAH on 1/4/05. I was sad to read the obstacles you have had to overcome since the surgery. I do hope that things start to look brighter from here and you are on the "right" road to recovery. You deserve it after all that you have been through!!
Fortunately, my surgery went fairly well and my recovery is going as expected. Surgery for me was very unexpected and not something I thought I would have to deal with (atleast to this extreme). I just got to the point where I had exhausted all other options and was left with no other alternative.
Overall, my body is healing well, but emotionally it has been a tough road. My boyfriend of 7.5 yrs and I had just bought a house and were planning on starting our lives and family together. Unfortunately, the plan has changed due to my physical situation(not able to have kids now due to TAH). I am lucky though that I have a very supportive family and boyfriend that are there to pick me up whenever I feel down. It seems you have a great husband and family by your side to help you through this as well, which is nice to hear!.
Just remember to always keep your chin up
Unread 02-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Aloha ~ I'm New

Bless your heart on the children issue. I was in your shoes. Even tho I have children of my own my wonderful husband doesnt so that is why we started foster care and adoption. At first he was so closed minded to it and now he doesnt know what he would do without all the extra love (kids) we have flow thru our home. Feel free to email or pm me and we can stay in touch. Our age and circumstances are a bit alike. Best wishes

Kris
Unread 02-04-2005, 04:18 AM
Aloha ~ I'm New

Aloha Kris;
I just wanted to say You and I are both in Hawaii! My husband is in the US AIR FORCE too. I had my surgery over a year ago now I'm doing pretty well and I hope you do too soon.
There are so many wonderful women here to help you with concerns and what-nots.
Enjoy your stay!

Sybie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register