Sexual response without an uterus - questions. . . - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sexual response without an uterus - questions. . . Sexual response without an uterus - questions. . .

Unread 02-20-2005, 06:29 PM
Sexual response without an uterus - questions. . .

{{{{Sarah}}}}}}}}} Hugs to you. I understand your fear. Maybe you need to start by dipping your toes in slowly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2005, 11:15 PM

Hi Ladies,

Well I have throughly enjoyed reading all these threads and like many of you I was scared that things wouldn't be the same anymore or that my feelings towards Dh wouldn't be the same.

well I think I can safely assume I'll be ok as every morning he comes into the bed I'm sleeping in as I can't get out of the waterbed we share and cuddles up with me and I must say I would like things to go much further but of course being only 10 days post op we done nothing more than kiss and cuddle.

Thanks again for this thread , keep well everyone..........Karen
Unread 02-21-2005, 01:55 AM

Karen - the kissing and cuddling is important! My DH and I have tried to be close, and I have to admit that when my belly hurts, I am afraid of him even touching my belly - but he just cuddles and we smooch and I have found that he needs a lot of reassurance, touch wise, as to get touch starved would be a strain on any relationship.

Well, hystersisters. . . .I went for it. The take off time was about the same, and while it was not as intense, I can say it was much the same as before! And multiple as before - now this was solo mind you, but I am much relieved. I really needed this affirmation about healing and my sexuality. I sure do appreciate everything all of you shared! It means a lot tome to not feel alone!

And now for something different. . . I was all relaxed, decided to clean there, also decided to take a mirror and just look - and yup the same. . . except. . . I appear to have a blister, just one, but that is very very odd for me - I read about fever blisters elsewhere here, but what are those? I have had no fever, no infection, have been keeping rather over clean to avoid infections. Could this just be an ingrown hair? Anyone else experience this - I must sound like worry obsessed, but sure did not expect to see this blister - I mean I will be seeing my Doc this week, but this is strange and unexpected.

But in the zoom zoom department. . . .I am much more relaxed about it - and yes, the contractions were there, just more on the lower and outer vaginal area, not as intense as before, but that over all body rush/glow thing. . . the same. I am much relieved!

Next step - getting Doc's approval for intercourse. . . and testing those waters. I have read about a lof of sister's experiences with that, so know to take it slow, be patient, expect some bleeding (perhaps) and just relax!

thanks all, Madelle
Unread 02-21-2005, 03:26 AM

I'm so excited. I had to get up (it's 5:30 a.m.) and come to report. IT'S THE SAME!!!! WOOO HOOO! I'm so relieved. It's worth a little soreness. Take off time was the same. I still have the deep contractions. Maybe the contractions are from the pelvic floor muscles. That was one of the things I really loved. I've been depressed about this and now I know. Hope this helps others of you out there who haven't tried it yet and who have been worried.

Good luck and God bless!
Unread 02-21-2005, 06:23 AM

Wow, I was glad to read thru this thread and realize I am not the only one worrying about this.

My dh and I have had 3 yrs of painful intercourse so it had gotten to the point I didn't even want it. I would just tense up and often cry. Now if that doesn't make for some horrible times. Dh always feeling like it was his fault and me knowing it was my fault and nothing I could do about it not even fake my way thru it. Too painful.

Now here we are post op, have at least 3 more wks until the ok from the doctor but I am already dreading it. I too have wondered if it will feel the same, will I still have pain(praying not), and will it feel the same for him.

After 3 yrs of bad experience I feel so far past intercourse for intimacy that I need to heal this mental block too. I have a dh who feels totally the opposite.

thanks for all the insight some very funny by the way. At least I know I am not alone.

Heather
Unread 02-21-2005, 12:29 PM

REbecca - this is a great place, I agree with you. It sure gives me comfort to be able to read other's experiences and also to share my own. It just takes time.

Lynnie - have you talked to your doc about the painful intercourse prior to surgery? That sounds like an experience you could maybe talk to your Doc about, and see if s/he knows about i it might be different after surgery. . . .I am sorry to hear about the pain you felt before surgery - maybe it is related to the reasons you needed the surgery? Take care of yourself.

Madelle
Unread 02-21-2005, 02:32 PM
a blister

Madelle, I am glad you have your doc appt this week. I have read on here that some have a stitch that won't dissolve or fall out. Hopefully that is what you are seeing from the blister.

As far as painful sex, I have heard that uterine prolaspes, cystoceles and rectoceles can all cause sex to be painful before surgery. Let's hope all this surgery will clear the way!

Unread 02-21-2005, 03:04 PM

Solo flight at 3 weeks po. Better than I ever had before surgery! I may be cleared for dual flight w dh next week, but I can only hope its as good as the test solo flight.
Unread 02-21-2005, 03:50 PM

Went solo at 2 weeks with excellent results!!! I even told my husband that I had tested the equipment and it was in operating condition. He gave me the thumbs-up and told me "good job."

This afternoon, we had sex for the first time. Dr. cleared me at 4 weeks, I'm just short of 5 weeks. And it didn't hurt, it was fun, and it was really nice to be "doing it" again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register