IM NEW and SCARED | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

IM NEW and SCARED IM NEW and SCARED

Unread 10-06-2008, 01:20 PM
IM NEW and SCARED

Hello all sisters.....I am 35 years old and have 3 children...17..15...and 8. 2 oldest are boys and my youngest is a princess . I have always had bad cycles and it seemed after every child they got worse. I got to the point in August that i thought i was going to die with the pain in my stomach. I went to the Dr to get check and she sent me for a ultrasound. It showed that my uterus was the size of a 14 week pregnacy and i also had a 5 cm cyst on my right ovary and a 8cm fibroid on my uterus. She sent me to see my gyn. He suggested a tah. Before he said that i was telling my husband "i wish they would just take everything out"! Well now that they say that ,,,,,.... I AM SCARED! I go in December. The day after x-mas....my choice....hubby has off for 18 days between x-mas and new years....any suggestion for me ...things to do to prepare me for surgery?
Thanks
Cori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
IM NEW and SCARED

Are you joking??? We are FULL of advice and suggestions!!! Boy, have you come to the right place!!

Sure you're scared, but oh, just think how wonderful your life will be without such horrible pain! No more suffering! You'll get to enjoy your children and your hubby every day of the month! Yippee!!! I'll bet your life will be transformed, all for the better.
Unread 10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
IM NEW and SCARED

You are going to be just fine. I had my surgery on June 9th, I am a new woman. No more pain and my sex life had gotten better than ever. I will be 40 in December. I have no regrets. Just don't be afraid to ask anything here. It helped me out so much. We all know here how scary it can be, but it will all work out. Bless you and good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2008, 02:25 PM
IM NEW and SCARED

(((hugs))) scared....These ladies have given good advice. You can ask any detailed question. ONe suggestion is to go to the information sites on this board. IT will give you and your husband some information. There are things you should do to prepare. ONe is having your husband at home or othe r around and you already planned ahead!!! let others here know what kind of surgery you are having and they can suggest comfort items you can have waiting for you afterwards such as heating pads, chillow pillows, belly band. YOu are going to be a princess!!!! too now. you will take special care for severl weeks to months. You may want to make meals ahead.
also, remember that no question is silly to ask your doctor or nurse, If you want to know call and ask if we cannot help here.
Unread 10-06-2008, 05:30 PM
IM NEW and SCARED

Well you have come to the right place for support. I have just had my operation TAH. I had a similar diagnoses and everyone here has been wonderful.
We are all here to support. I had a enlarged uterus and fibroids 7cm was the largest. total of 5 cysts and extensive adhesions. And i agree no question is to small or silly i know i asked a lot.
Good luck and dont forget we are all here to help

Tracey
Unread 10-06-2008, 09:06 PM
IM NEW and SCARED

Hello newandscared,
You really have come to the right place. My best advice is to start making a list as you read this website. I came across many ideas that I didn't want to forget (like what to bring to the castle, stuff to do or have on had after the surgery.)

I started a thread titled Silver Lining in the Post-Op section. I was trying to find ways to make having this hyst. a good thing. Glass half-full thing. Sure we're losing parts, but look at what we're gaining...............

Hugs and many blessings!!
Dee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register