Hello?!?!? What's up with this?!?!?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello?!?!?  What's up with this?!?!?! Hello?!?!? What's up with this?!?!?!

Unread 03-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Hello?!?!? What's up with this?!?!?!

Okay, I am nearly 3 weeks out of the hospital. I am having great difficulty with shortness of breath and heart palpitations when I have been up for 5 minutes or more! I am done with my pain meds. What is going on? I have an app with my doc on thursday but wonder if I should call sooner.

Have any of you had this occur? I have had to stay lying down for most of the day for fear of doing some damage to myself. Could this be a side effect from coming off of the pain meds? I was on oxycodone and naproxen. (taken only 2 times per day, then down to once a day and done with it 2 days ago.)

Is this part of the surgical menopause stuff? Someone help??!?!?!?!

Ramona
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2005, 06:35 AM

Hi Ramona,

Heart papitations can be caused by fluxuating levels of estrogen during menopause. My understanding is that if they come with shortness of breath or light-headedness you need to see the dr and have them evaluated.
It is always better to be safe, so please call your dr and see what he thinks.

's, Rita
Unread 03-14-2005, 06:48 AM

After a surgery like this, don't hesitate to call your doctor. I would hate to think of you suffering with this till Thursday when there could be a quick fix. I called mine several times. And I also went to my regular physician here in the town I live in just for PEACE of mind. My gyn is an hour and a half away....Call the doctor and let US know...Thinking of you...Feel better soon....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2005, 07:06 AM
call or go in today

Please call right away, shortness of breath needs to be evaluated-it can be nothing but it can be something serious.

I found one hystersister that had shortness of breath with back pain as a symptom of blood clots-not to scare you, but to motivate you to get to the doc's.

I want you to be healthy and on the way to a smoother recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register