I need advice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I need advice I need advice

Unread 11-27-2005, 09:50 AM
I need advice

I posted this inside another thread. I am reposting it as an advice question because I'm not sure what to do.

I am most definately sick. Probably bronchitis and a sinus infection. The stuff I am hacking up and blowing out is most definately thick and green.

Here's my question --

Do I go to the Dr. and get an antibiotic or just ride it out? I think it will resolve itself in 2-3 weeks if I leave it alone. I am just so run down and tired though.

I am due back to work in 9 days. I don't want to feel like crap. If I take an antibiotic I WILL get another yeast infection, it's how my body works. I just got over the last yeast infection from my last round of antibiotics for the belly infection. If I get a yeast infection I will be hurting when I try to have sex for the first time. My Dr. appt for the "all clear" is on Friday.

I don't know what to do. Help please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2005, 11:00 AM
I need advice

I cought 2 colds till now since my surgery. And go figure, that last entire year I didn't have any problem with that.
I should suggest you, if it's allright for you to do so, to eat every morning a little spoon of natural honey. Keep the honey in your mouth till it disolves. Honey has a natural antibiotic which is very well tolerated by the human sistem. You have to do this before eating something else, every morning. This will surely increase your imunity. The results will appear in time (maybe 1 or 2 months).
Also you may smear your nostrils inside, with honey, before to go to sleep. It helps for your breathing. If honey does well for you, just try.
Unread 11-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Sometimes, you can't do it on your own

A long time ago, a doctor told me that the green stuff means the bacteria are very strong in your system. With your immunity already low from what you've been through, you probably need some medicine to help you ditch this.

I would at least call the doctor and see what is recommended. I don't like taking antibiotics, either, but you also don't want your condition to worsen when you're so close to getting the all-clear!

Wishing you the best,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2005, 01:20 PM
I need advice

I agree with KayZee. If the mucus is discolored, that is a sign of infection that really should have antibiotics to clear it up. Without them it could turn into something more serious.

Maybe you could suggest a prescription for yeast infection along with the antibiotics?

I hope that you are feeling better soon. As if recovering from surgery isn't enough! I feel for you!

Sending you a as well!
Unread 11-27-2005, 03:51 PM
I need advice

HI
Definitely call the DR and tell him you have some sort of respiratory infection (indicated by the mucus colour).

I was on very strong antibiotics for an abscess and I know that I wiped out all the friendly bacteria in my body so am very susceptible to 'catching' something icky right now.

Increase your immune system. Honey is good....garlic is good. Increase your consumption of acidophylus (added to milk, cheese and yogurt). These will help keep the friendly bacteria in your system and decrease the chances of yeast infection or thrush.

Hope you feel better soon,
Autumn

(maybe you caught something from your Walmart trip - germs on the shopping cart?)
Unread 11-27-2005, 06:02 PM
I need advice

Autumn,

You are so funny!! I actually caught this crazy cold whatever from my 17 year old son. Kids. They never stop giving you germs!!

I think I will call my Dr. tomorrow and she what she says. Do I call my gyn or GP?
Unread 11-27-2005, 07:23 PM
I need advice

Hi CECERose
Call your GP.
But, please, make sure she actually pinpoints a bacterial infection prior to taking additional antibiotics. If you have something viral, all the antibiotics are going to do is kill off your friendly bacteria that you need to have in your system. Antibiotics are the most MISPRESCRIBED medicine. Bacterial infections must be diagnosed from a swab, not a visual check (unless it's external - or within sight). She will not be able to "see" an infection in your lungs or sinus. The discolouration of the mucus does not necessarily indicate a bacterial infection either. But...That is said in my opinion and you should see your DR.

I used to get sick about 3 weeks after school started...even though my DD wasn't sick. Tons of people at work would still come in when they were on death's door from whatever plague their kids brought home from school. Gotta love those kids though...keep on giving ...

Get better soon

Autumn
Unread 11-27-2005, 07:34 PM
I need advice

Definitely call your DR. But also see if you can get a thing called "Airborne" It is a natural immunity booster (you can get it at Trader Joes and lots of pharmacies) also get some Acidophilis and Lacibillious these you can get at the healthfood store or Trader Joes.

These natural remedies are a Godsend to ward off Yeast and low immunity.
Unread 11-27-2005, 11:45 PM
I need advice

Hi
I'm with calling your Dr. If he gives you atibiotics also get him to prescribe something for the inevitable yeast infection. While you are taking antibiotic go to the health food store and get some Probiotics . They are in the refrigerated section and put the "good' bacteria back in your intestines so you can function better and acutally assimilate the nutrition you eat (Most nurients are absorbed in the intestine.) Also pick up some Vitamin C while you're there as well as zinc (helps tissue repair and boosts your immune system as well as echinaccea). Good Luck!!!! Hope you feel beter soon.
Unread 11-28-2005, 06:15 AM
I need advice

I agree with Autumn and the rest of our Sisters when they say go to the doctor! Please dont risk your recovery over something that can be easily fixed!!! Please let us know what your doctor says... OK?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register