grrr.... okay I am ready to snap | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

grrr.... okay I am ready to snap grrr.... okay I am ready to snap

Unread 07-18-2006, 08:09 PM
grrr.... okay I am ready to snap

Well today I am 3 weeks post op and apparently according to my family i am just supposed to be my oldself already..... Mind you I was cut vertically , had about 25 staples, and a jp drain tube incision not to mention I have a left renal stent and 7 mm kidney stone still needing to be taken out. I am not supposed to be tired even though insomnia has completely taken over.

Why is it when they are sick and hurt ...... it can take them days to recover? I have my insides punch, pulled and cut....... not to mention the stitches and staples and I am suppose to be Mrs Merry Sunshine and Mom on the go...

Sorry to vent it must be ingrate horomones..seeing I have disrupted their lives with my problems

Marti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Aren't families wonderful!!!

Well, that was what I was told. Men and children=babies.

Mine are the same way. I read somewhere that you should keep your robe and pj's on for 6 weeks straight, so nobody gets the idea you are getting better. It seems that as soon as they see you do ANYTHING for yourself...wow she's healed and back to normal!!!

I feel for you, AND I too , when my son was a baby, had a lovely kidney stone that went undiagnosed for a year. "There was no way a woman of my age could of had one", forget that my grandmother and dad and uncles already had them...They truly are IMO, the worst pain you can have. I had to wear a stent for a while when they finally found it. One basket try, and two lithotripsies later it was taken care of.

I'll be thinking of you and just know that just about everyone here can give you a story or two about how cruddy their hubby or kids have been to them, and those who can't are lying!
Unread 07-18-2006, 08:55 PM

thanks....... I just needed to vent! it felt so good to get it off my chest and have someone else understand...

Marti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2006, 09:56 AM

last two nights in a row I have been screamed at by teen age daughter...deatils too long and boring to get into.

Yes, perhaps because I am actually getting out of the house now she thinks it's business as usual. No way is that true, I'm only 2 weeks post op.

I like the idea of leaving pjs and robe on for six weeks. I will have a "relapse"LOL.
Unread 07-19-2006, 10:08 AM

I'm glad my kids are grown. Beleive me they change. My Daughters are 26 & 27. They have been so sweet and supportive.

Sorry for boasting, but I thought I would just let you know... they don't stay brats forever. My husband isn't a baby anymore either. I guess he grew up with the kids.
Unread 07-19-2006, 01:23 PM

LOL well at least there is hope....... I know it hasn't been picnic for them either but at least let me get to my 6 check up before they start demanding. I will have it fairly easy next because my mom is coming to stay with me for the week while I am recouping from my lithotripsy for the kidney stone. So I will once again be the pampered princess I should be....

Thanks for all the support!

Marti

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register