Went to see my gyno today about a few things | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Went to see my gyno today about a few things Went to see my gyno today about a few things

Unread 11-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Went to see my gyno today about a few things

Well, I do indeed have hemorrhoids. He said they were small ones and gave me some type of cortisone foam to put up my $&!!. YUCK!! sorry TMI I know.

I also asked him about my frequent bm's. Since they are "formed" but not normal, he told me to increase my fiber and water intake. he thinks they are messed up from the two rounds of cipro that I took. Thinks they willget back to normal in a week or two. BUT I'm opposed to be on cipro again for a week when I get my stents out in 3 weeks. I think I'll call my urologist and ask if there is anything else he can give me since cipro is so potent... we shall see.. my urol is not exactly very sympathetic :-(. We shall see.

I am just SOOOO ready to get back to normal. I miss my daily workouts ... I feel like my butt is getting so big from sitting on it so much - GRRRR

anywho... Thought I'd post an update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Re: Went to see my gyno today about a few things

Hi there! Sorry about the hemmroids - owww. Had one once. Guess I still do, but it doesn't give me trouble.

Just wondering if you had tried probiotics to help your gut get back to normal? I have been hearing so many things about them lately (even for over a year) and finally bought some at GNC today. I got some chewable ones, as I take enough pills.
I won't normally buy them at GNC, but thought for the first time, I would get ones they recommend.

I think they may be working already - feel more "normal" already today.

Just one idea.
Unread 11-02-2010, 06:04 PM

Hello!!!! Glad you got some answers...have you thought about taking a probiotic/acidiphillus??? The last thing you need right now is a yeast infection on top of everything else-it might also help with the bms..I was on cipro after that 2nd surgery - and during my hospital stay I was on 3 different antibiotics via iv - the first thing I did when I got home was start taking acidiphillus - once a day..and I made sure I had yogurt every day too. I stopped taking the acidiphillus a few weeks ago but I think I'm going to start it up again.

Sorry you have to go thru all this - but hopefully that med will help you feel better really soon. The things us women do..good thing we're women and not men huh?
TAKE CARE - HUGS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2010, 06:05 PM

I had a bad reaction to Cipro when I had a pre-op UTI and my Urologist switched me to Keflex.

I'm only 5 days post-op and I really miss my daily workouts too!

Take care.
Unread 11-02-2010, 06:23 PM

thx girls...

Gail -- what type of reaction did you have to Cipro??

I started eating the Activia Pro-biotics yogurt the other day, so I'm not sure yet if it's helping or not....hoping it will ward of any yeast/bacterial infections as well as help straighten out my bowels...

Bad thing now is that I think the Detrol LA that I've been taking is now sucking the water outta my body and hardening my bm's :-( Today I started pooping "pebbles"... GRRRRRRRRRRRR

So... I'm gonna start pumping some raisans and apple juice in me tomorrow while increasing my fiber and water intake...

SHEESH... how the heck are we supposed to know the exact "recipe" of water, fiber, stool softner, etc?? LOL
Unread 11-02-2010, 08:17 PM

I was recently diagnosed with Diventiculitis and my doctor told me to increase my fiber also. I have found for me about 10-15 grams of fiber and 64+ oz of water have been keeping me regular. But every person is different.

You should ask you doctor what he would recommend in fiber intact.

Hoping you get you fiber water mix working for you.
Unread 11-02-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharris View Post
thx girls...

Gail -- what type of reaction did you have to Cipro??
Cipro gave me bad diarrhea, a rash and itching.

I really had to work to stay regular with my rectocele. What really helps me are prunes. I eat the Sunsweet ones in the pouch. They look like giant raisins and are very tasty. I eat 5-6 prunes a day, eat Activia daily, drink a lot of water and eat a lot of high fiber foods.
Unread 11-02-2010, 10:24 PM

Hey there! Sorry about the hemmroids. Hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register