Cant concentrate at work...am I alone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cant concentrate at work...am I alone? Cant concentrate at work...am I alone?

Unread 02-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Cant concentrate at work...am I alone?

I find it so hard to concentrate at work. If im not bothered by the pain then I'm making list or thinking about the operation or what I'm going to be like post op or on this website. Am I the only one finding it hard to concentrate while at work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Re: Cant concentrate at work...am I alone?

hmmm. I'd say. "NOPE" It's perfectly natural to be nervious and have your concentration diverted. Hears a Hug!
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:10 AM

i had it hard to concentrate at work. just take deep breaths and you will get threw them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2013, 10:17 AM

I had a hard time concentrating, period - not just at work! My brain was so full of getting ready, processing surgery, etc. So you are definitely not alone!
Unread 02-27-2013, 02:47 PM

Yikes! I have a hard time concentrating on ANYTHING!! I think my DH is ready to throttle me (just kidding).

I have my pre-op appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping that some of my pre-occupation with all of this will go away. keepin my fingers crossed.

I don't know about you, but I've also been having a terrible time sleeping. I can't seem to shut my thoughts out at night. I've been watching hours on end of netflix. hahaha

{{Hugs}} this is only temporary!

Unread 02-27-2013, 03:52 PM

It is pretty hard to keep mental focus at work when you are confronting a major surgery.

Do you have certain projects you want to complete, or get to some milestone before you are out? Will you need to train someone to handle your responsibilities while you are out? Will you need to brief someone on where to find things, how to do things, etc.? It might be helpful to make a list of things you need to get done at work before you leave, and each day look at your list and use that to help motivate you to get the most important things done. Depending on what type of job you have, you might plan to leave a summary for your supervisor showing status of any projects you are working on.

I work with a number of complex, long-term projects, so I had to coordinate with several people to make sure the project kept moving forward while I was out. I left a status summary for my supervisor, which included notes on whether something needed attention while I was out or could be deferred until I returned. I also left a summary on my desk top for me, with a list of the top priority things to attend to on my return.
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSPiper View Post
It is pretty hard to keep mental focus at work when you are confronting a major surgery.

Do you have certain projects you want to complete, or get to some milestone before you are out? Will you need to train someone to handle your responsibilities while you are out? Will you need to brief someone on where to find things, how to do things, etc.? It might be helpful to make a list of things you need to get done at work before you leave, and each day look at your list and use that to help motivate you to get the most important things done. Depending on what type of job you have, you might plan to leave a summary for your supervisor showing status of any projects you are working on.

I work with a number of complex, long-term projects, so I had to coordinate with several people to make sure the project kept moving forward while I was out. I left a status summary for my supervisor, which included notes on whether something needed attention while I was out or could be deferred until I returned. I also left a summary on my desk top for me, with a list of the top priority things to attend to on my return.
Hi, the person that will be filling in for me is very familiar with my duties, i will only need to train her on a few projects. My date is 2 months away i feel like it's so far down the road.
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:41 AM

I'm completely out of my mind! Today I totally forgot I had a dental appointment and needed to leave early...because my mind is entirely forcused on this surgery. I feel like I'm going crazy. So, you're not alone....I'm glad I'm finding out I'm not alone either...:-)
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn1115 View Post
I'm completely out of my mind! Today I totally forgot I had a dental appointment and needed to leave early...because my mind is entirely forcused on this surgery. I feel like I'm going crazy. So, you're not alone....I'm glad I'm finding out I'm not alone either...:-)
This website is a godsend!
Unread 02-28-2013, 12:05 PM

I am at work right now and on this website instead of working! That should answer your question haha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register