Ways that your pets make you smile or cheer you? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ways that your pets make you smile or cheer you? Ways that your pets make you smile or cheer you?

Unread 02-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Ways that your pets make you smile or cheer you?

I have a 10 yr old Collie named Buddy and he is really a special dog. He has such a wonderful personality and I really love to share him with other people. It really makes me smile when he instills happiness in whomever comes in contact with him.
So how many more pets out there cheer us up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Re: Ways that your pets make you smile or cheer you?

I have three large dogs and they are excellent nurses. When one of us is ill or recuperating, they are there all the time just to keep us company. Dogs are lovely!
Unread 02-23-2010, 09:08 AM

I'm a bird lover, with 6 darlings to keep me company while I am healing. I love to watch their antics with each other; the ones that can fly, fly over to sit with me while I am resting on my sofa. Pets are great little critters to have around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2010, 11:13 AM

I have 2 yellow labs that are very precious to me. I also have 6 cats. They are all special but I have one that loves to snuggle in bed. He tucks his head under my chin and puts his front paw on my face ( never scratches ).
It makes me feel special as well - all warm and loved
Unread 03-10-2010, 11:37 PM

I have a kitty, a calico named Lilly. She's SUCH a pretty kitty with her green eyes (the same color as mine!) and patchy fur. She's definitely got an attitude (as all calicos do) and isn't much of a lover, but she's so very loyal.
She hasn't left my side since I got home from the hospital and it makes me smile to watch her follow me around. She actually walks ahead of me anticipating where I'm going and constantly looks behind her to make sure I'm still on course! She's such a sweety!
Unread 03-11-2010, 08:06 PM

My horse, Sonny, likes to nuzzle me on the check and stand close to me.
Unread 03-12-2010, 03:22 AM

I have two dogs of my own and my Golden named Cattitude(yes people do think he is a cat!!-i named him after a horse not thinking about it so we shortened it to Dude) is my special . He watches me very carefully to make sure I am ok. I have been hospitalized twice since surgery and my mom said he was devastated the second time. He would not eat and he obviously couldn't come to the hospital to visit. I don't think they would buy he was an assistance dog with him leaping on everyone so we decided to have him come to the phone and have me talk to him. I wasn't sure if it would work but hoped it might help him. I told him how wonderful he was and that I was coming home soon and I wanted him to eat. I kept telling him you have to eat and then we hung up the phone. My mom got out his food-which he hadn't eaten- and put it on the floor. He looked at her for a minute and she told him that I wanted him to eat and he started eating!! We were amazed and made sure that when we talked on the phone that we brought him to it so I could talk to him. It was really funny because if my mom didn't call me in the morning before she tried to feed him, he would not eat. She realized and so did I that before feeding him,we had to bring him to the phone and talk to him. Needless to say,the nurses were very curious why they kept overhearing me say "Dude you have to eat. I want you to eat". One of them asked me who was I talking to and I explained it was my dog. Everyone was laughing about it especially when they scheduled a test for me and I told them they had to wait until I called my mom and talked to my dog!! I think they thought I had lost it but they humored me. We had to do this twice a day so believe me, the hospital staff quickly caught on and would ask me if I had called Dude yet I was in for a week and this kind of became a running gag on the unit. Since I have been home, he has really become my nurse. He has been my support for so much of the last months. He wants me to feel better and keeps offering me his bone. I think he figures it makes him feel better so maybe if I could chew on one, I would feel better
Unread 03-12-2010, 06:18 PM

Zenyatta: Your dog "Dude" sounds so much like my dog "Buddy" . My husband told me that when I was in the hospital for the 3 days that Buddy did not eat and never really left the bedroom. He started eating again when I came home from the hospital. I was not too concerned about it since it is normal for him. He only likes to eat if he is sure that I am not going anywhere.
He is truly my velcro dog.
Unread 03-12-2010, 08:39 PM

I have on 65 lb mixed breed dog named Bugzy. He just keeps looking at me like he did something wrong. He is my husbands buddy.

I also have 3 siamese cats all from rescues. Myti 14 years old Chocolate Point male just wants to be near me. Jeepers a 2 yr old seal point female just lays near me all the time. My 10 month old Lynx Point follows me to the bathroom. He doesn't always sleep in bed with me but no matter where he is sleeping he comes running into the bathroom and if I ignore him he will get up on the sink and stick is face out towards me until I turn and looking at him at which point he will stick his whole face on mine. He was really tired after my first night home since I was up such much. I never thought he'd be the one to be my full time nurse. I had thought my female would have but she just wanst to be near me on the couch or bed.
Unread 03-13-2010, 06:11 PM

When I say, "Who wants to go for a ride?" both of my greyhounds go bonkers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register