20 hours away and nerves are getting the best of me... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

20 hours away and nerves are getting the best of me... 20 hours away and nerves are getting the best of me...

Unread 04-25-2006, 02:25 PM
20 hours away and nerves are getting the best of me...

I'm sitting here by myself, wanting to call a friend, but everyone is at work. Don't have hugs or reassuring words from my mom (she passed away 1997). Feeling alone and anxious. Tried talking to husband today...too busy to discuss. Any words of comfort would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2006, 02:46 PM

I am sorry to hear that!! I hope all goes well and I am sending you a huge hug. I go in on the 10th of may for a total abd. hyst. I am scared to death already. I can just imagine if I only had 20hrs to go. You can email personally if you would like. I will be on later tonight if you would like to talk.
Unread 04-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Be assured

I'm sorry you are feeling that way. That's the great thing about this site, there are so many women here who know what you're going thru. My hyster isn't until 5/8, but without this group I would have felt all alone even tho' I do have friends and family to support me. But they're not going thru this, we are. I will say a little prayer for you and hope all goes well. Keep your spirits up and smile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2006, 02:55 PM

Awww, I'm sorry! Gosh, it is easy to feel isolated isn't it? I feel like I bore my husband to death when I talk about it..... Well, in 20 hours you should be on your way to feeling better than ever! You have that to look forward to for sure. Try not to be scared (easier said than done I know!). I know complications can occur but no one I know who has had a hysterectomy has experienced any. And all of them say the same thing...it's the best thing they've ever done in their lives!

Good luck and I hope your hubby will have time to talk when he gets home from work. Hugs and prayers...
Unread 04-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Soon be over

Hi
I want to give you a big and try not to worry, I can't tell you anything about the op because I have not had mine yet still waiting for a date.

I am sure its the thought of what is going to happen is proberly worse then when we have it done.

Good luck and a quick recovery.

Angelmoon xx
Unread 04-25-2006, 03:11 PM

Oh Summer,

I no longer have my mother either. I'm scheduled next week and I so want my mom too! My heart goes out to you. I would be happy to talk to you. I'm not sleeping at night anyway. Email if you want to talk and I'll send you my phone no. Please accept my warm thoughts of love and support. I will be thinking of you throughout the night. God Bless.

Alysa
Unread 04-25-2006, 05:01 PM

Summer,
I'm in the same boat as you. Mom's been gone for a few years and I have no biological sisters. My Hubby's mom was just diagnosed with a brain tumor and they gave her 2 weeks. so he's having to spend all his free time with her and I do not have the heart to ask him to worry about me right now. He has to take me to castle tomorrow anyway and will wait til I emerge from surgery. I will think of you sitting right next to me tonight waiting for time to pass so all this can be over. Just think, at this time tomorrow evening we will be done with it! Yippee!
Unread 04-25-2006, 05:33 PM

Summer, (((HUGS))) You will be in my thoughts and prayers too. I also lost my mom too. I was in my twenties when she passed there are so many questions I wished I could ask her. I go in next week and I'm scared too but know that soon the pain will all be behind us and we can get on with our lives.
Mopar33 I am so sorry to hear of your situation I will remember you and your husband too in my prayers also and pray for a speedy recover for all of you.
Hugs
Unread 04-25-2006, 05:43 PM

Thanx "Sheltie" lover!
BTW I lost my sheltie "Giblet" of 17 yrs. last October. I'm not doing dogs anymore...too painful. I now have 3 cats which are looking really apetizing to me at this moment....@#$% this clear liquid diet!
Unread 04-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Mopar and Summer

my heart goes out to you both. All I do is talk to my Mom about this operation. My daughters don't really understand how i feel and I don't have a husband or boyfriend. I am praying for you both tonight that all will go well. Believe me your dear Moms are watching over you and they will help you to get through this.

I envy you in that by this time tomorrow evening you will be in recovery...I have two whole months to go. I gotta finish the school year first (I'm a teacher, and maybe too dedicated!!)

Love, Karen in NYC

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register