Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters? Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

Unread 07-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

During the month of August, HysterSisters will be celebrating 12 years online! This year's contest happens right here on this thread and its simple to enter! You are eligible to play (and win) if you are a member of HysterSisters.com!

Here's how it works

1. Reply to this thread.
2. Tell us what is your favorite thing about HysterSisters.
3. Include details and lots of mushy love

Every few days, during the month of August, I will select a post using the randomizer - to pick winners.

How to enter contest:

Reply to this thread telling us - What I love about HysterSisters

Multiple Winners Selected:
Every few days - at random - I will use the randomizer to select a post as a winner. I'll reply on the thread to proclaim the prize (a HysterSisters Cupcake badge) and a winner - and we will continue on throughout August.

Yes, you may reply more than once BUT each reply must be a separate thing you love about HysterSisters! And yes, I know you love many things about HysterSIsters! Share them here!

And because my attorney requires the rules: This contest is void where prohibited by law. Your chance to win is based on the number of participating member's replies. ETA: HysterSisters.com staff members are not eligible to win a prize but we invite them to participate in this thread!

Okie, let's get started!

Reply to this thread telling us "What I love about HysterSisters

NOTE: Replies that do not follow contest rules will be removed. In other words, please reply only with your response to our contest prompt.

What else is the website doing to celebrate? Read all the details here:

HysterSisters 12th Birthday Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Re: Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

It's time to get this thread rolling!

Please reply and share with us what you love about HysterSisters. We will randomly select winners!
Unread 08-01-2010, 09:55 AM

Happy Birthday HysterSisters! My mom passed away about 10 years ago. Having found this site has felt like a wondeful "mom" hug to me. Happy 12th birthday and may you have many many more!

((((Hugs Back to you all!))))

Shirley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2010, 10:35 AM

Celebrating with you all!
So glad to participate in the forums b/c it allows me the opportunity to chat with those who've "been there."
There's just something about women coming together to share their experiences. Such a supportive arm this group has been!
Carry on...!
Unread 08-01-2010, 11:04 AM

Happy Birthday, HysterSisters!!

I love that no question is too silly or stupid - everyone here has 'been there' at some point, and is incredibly supportive in helping everyone else along the path to wellness.
Unread 08-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Talking - Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters? Re: Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

What I love about HysterSisters..I found this site not to lomg ago but I feel I can ask anything and someone has been there no matter what it is I can speak openly here more so then with the people in my life it just gives me a feeling of comfort knowing I'm not alone and no matter if it's about feelings or physical condition there is support here and being here has made the last few weeks leading up to my surgery easier I probably would have completely freaked by now Thank You to all the amazing women here
Unread 08-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Thumbs up - Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters? Re: Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

Happy Birthday! What I love about hystersisters....Hmmmmm....Well, I have not had a hysterectomy yet, but I know my time is soon to come as my treatment options are running out fast. But, I actually WANT the surgery because I am sick of being in pain. I love how supportive this place is, how there is a board specifically for Endometriosis (which is why I will be getting my uterus out, to put an end to the horrific periods) I know that when it's my time to go to the castle, I will be well prepared!!!!!

Unread 08-02-2010, 05:36 AM

I love that Hystersisters is ALWAYS there for me. Hystersisters feels like a wise friend or a sister who never leaves my side. Thank you for this site, thank you to every woman on here who helps make this site so supportive!
Unread 08-02-2010, 05:45 AM

I was encouraged to go to HysterSisters by my Dr. What a blessing this site has been. I had information before, during and after my surgery. When I wondered if something that I was feeling was "just me"~I checked out the website and found other "sisters" in the same situation. This is my 6 month mark...and I have much to be thankful for. Is the added weight bothering me~yes....but I am living without the monthly loss of days due to what my periods brought. Thank you HysterSisters for being a community that supports!
Unread 08-02-2010, 05:53 AM

HI Hyster Sisters!!
I am fast approaching my 1 year anniversary post-op and have enjoyed Hyster Sister. The main thing I love about Hyster Sisters is the information that I have learned from this site. Even though I am a nurse, this site offered me information which I had not know as well as bringing up topics which I was embarassed too discuss with my MD ( a Man). Thank you again Hyster Sisters. Happy Birthday and keep up the good work!!!!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register