cuff not healing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cuff not healing cuff not healing

Unread 09-20-2005, 05:10 PM
cuff not healing

I am 4 week's post op and have been in every single week since my TAH. Had surgery on 23rd of August, was realeased on the 25th of August.

Went to the ER with bright red bleeding and clot's on the 27th of August. Had abdominal Ultrasound's and a pelvic exam, the result's were "I had developed a slow bleed" and released with strict bedrest.

Went to the DR office on the 30th of August, everything ok and healing, had staples removed and told "return in one week" to check bleeding again.

Went in on the 6th of September with severe pain in my right side and still bright red blood. Did another pelvic, I was tender from under my right rib's to my pelvic bone. Another ultrasound done to find a large septated cyst on my right ovary (still have bleeding), Had a UTI also. Gave script for pain med's, antibiotic's and more strict bedrest regimen, sent home.

Returned for check-up on 13th of September, had another pelvic and ultrasound, cyst still same size. Pain still extreme in right side, UTI gone and bleeding is pale pink now. Sent for bloodwork to check cell count's.(everything else felt better though and I can stand upright, somewhat, yippee!) Given pain med's and 600 mg Ibuprofin to help with some of the inflammation.

Returned today (September 20)for the umteenth million check-up and pelvic exam. Cuff not healing at all & look's irritated, but stitches are disintegrated. Still have some pale pink bleeding when I am up and down a lot. Bloodwork came back looking great. DR think's I have a bacterial infection and gave me an internal antibiotic to help with healing of the cuff (med is called Clindesse).

I have another check-up next Tuesday (the 27th) for another ultrasound and pelvic exam. Needless to say, a pelvic hurt's after having a hysterectomy, I am tired of these thing's.

Has anyone else gone through all of this after a TAH? When does it all end? I am still on bedrest for fear of cuff not being healed enough for me to do any activity, including a lot of walking. I think I am starting to lose my mind. Can someone please hunt it down and return it to me? I think my husband's may be somewhere out there with mine also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2005, 05:30 PM
cuff not healing

HI! I am sorry you are going through this. My Dr. saw me at 7 weeks post op and my vaginal cuff wasn't healed. He said I could resume back to normal once I stopped bleeding....that was at 8 1/2 weeks post op. I am still having problems with my vaginal cuff, I will be 16 weeks post op and I go back to the OR tomorrow for him to remove a large granuloma.

I have been where you are and it is highly frustrating. I hope you start to feel better, and everything turns out wonderful for you!
Unread 09-20-2005, 05:37 PM
cuff not healing

Thank you for the information and support. Yes it is very frustrating. I was expecting thing's to be all healed up by now and resuming normal activity.

Good luck tomorrow with the OR. What is a granuloma? I don't think I have heard that term yet on here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2005, 05:51 PM
cuff not healing

Thanks! A granuloma is a inflammatory growth composed of granulation tissue.

~~You are still very early in your recovery. Most women don't get released from their Drs. until 6 weeks, some a little early if they have healed; others later if they are healing slowly. The 6 weeks mark is just that, it is not a magic number that we are 100% healed and we just go back to normal. This surgery is major and your body is not back to 100% until about 1 year....that is how long it takes our body to fully recover. That is not saying you won't feel great at 4 or 6 months, but that 1 year mark is a guideline on how long it takes to fully recover. I feel great at 16 weeks post op, I feel like I never had surgery other than my pain and bleeding with sex. Just relax and get plenty of rest and drink plenty of fluids...pamper yourself. God bless and best wishes to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register