what are you doing while stuck at home? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what are you doing while stuck at home? what are you doing while stuck at home?

Unread 09-30-2009, 03:57 PM
what are you doing while stuck at home?

Ok ladies let's here what you are doing with your time. And anything creative while stuck in bed? I have gotten addicted to this website and have my BB Storm right here with me in bed and surf the forums and TV at the same time. Too bad I'm not one for reading. I'm also not liking being down like this as I am always on the move. Maybe ill write a book. Lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Re: what are you doing while stuck at home?

I have been watching movies!! Netflix has been great since it goes to/from your mailbox!! I don't feel like reading but will skim through a bunch of magazines my Mom gave me. I've even cut out some new recipes. I've also made a coupon organizer. Since I haven't been able to go to the grocery store, I order on line and my husband picks it up ( that takes at least 1-2 hours to organize!)
It does get boring though, and I know when I get back to work and the holidays come up, I'll wish I had this extra time.
I also have made sharesite with photos on a online photosite. That has taken a lot of my time and something I've been wanting to do for awhile.
Good luck to you, I hope some of these suggestions will help.
Unread 09-30-2009, 04:23 PM

For the first couple of weeks I just rested. When awake, I would read plenty of travel or photography magazines (I love to read). I also walked slowly around the perimeter of my home for exercise and to get out of the house.

As I grew stronger and more energetic, I was chatting with my online buddies in four different forums I belong to. I'm also an amateur photographer and being at home gave me the opportunity to edit and process photos that I had not gotten to. I also made sure to...get plenty of rest.

I also have a huge record collection, and took it upon myself to listen to 5 different CD's a day...while resting.

Towards the end of my seven weeks at home, I rearranged my drawers and closets, did a bit of clothes shopping, increased my exercise levels and...got plenty of rest.

(Sense a recurring theme here? )

Seriously, I wasn't bored at all and loved all the time home alone to just rest and heal...!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2009, 06:46 PM

I have been laying in bed, watching A LOT of TV, on my laptop, going for walks, my husband is home with me and has been wonderful looking after me and providing me with company...although he keeps making me laugh, which hurts! I am going to get out my crosstitch in a few days. I am coaching my husband on cooking, tomorrow we will look after all the annual flowers/pots and then clean out the garden. I have been sleeping whenever I feel tired at whatever time of day. Thank goodness for fall TV is all I can say since I don't much feel like reading although I do have some books as back up.
Unread 09-30-2009, 07:04 PM

Get yourself a season of some good tv show you either haven't seen or just plain love. Myself--I watched 3 1/2 seasons of LOST. You get caught up in the shows and it helps to pass the time.
Unread 09-30-2009, 07:07 PM

9/22 RALH
I've been reading a lot, writing to ppl. online (including 50 emails a day to Lausanne --- lol) and chatting on the phone (with the heating pad as my constant companion). I watch T.V. in the evening (but would rather watch less!).

As I've posted on other threads, I haven't had any fatigue (although I keep wondering if it will slam me later). I've been able to do all my regular cleaning up (remember ...this is a small 1 BR apt.) but I'm moving slowly and I always sit down after I've done something.

Although I'm checking my work email I'm not letting many ppl know that I am. I am LOVING not being at work. lol
Unread 09-30-2009, 07:56 PM

Oh, honey, I lazed! I have to admit, I have always felt pampered, but I intended to totally take that to a new level.

I spent the first week, after my LSH, allowing my daughter and my mother to pamper me, and they did, for the most part.

I had the laptop in the bed, which helped me keep in touch with this site, my other online favorite places and my wine life.

Honestly, I loved the not having to do anything phase....as I am normally a work-a-holic. It was odd, I actually made more while I was off....hmmmm sympathy purchases???? LOL!!

During my first week off, I actually just relaxed, watched TV and spent time online.

The next week was much the same, with more movement in my home.

The following week, which was actually 2 weeks to the day, post op, I tried to go back out and work......I was wiped out and decided that that point to take another 2-3 weeks off. Great choice. I could have gone back on week 3-4 but I made the choice to work via my phone and take it easy. It was a really good choice as, quite frankly, I really needed the time off. I have not had "vacation" in years. Yes I have traveled.....in the US, Argentina, Chile and Italy, but those trips were "on duty". Ah, I need to go back to Kona, Hawaii with HUGE Mai Tai in my hand!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-30-2009, 08:26 PM

I've been surfing the net and watching tv at the same time or listen to the MP3 player. Never liked soap operas, but now..........I know more than I care to about their lives. LOL. Just started getting up and about to do LIGHT house chores. And I also go for a walk once or twice a day. With the weather turning so cold so soon, that may be an activity that ends soon, I am a wimp in the cold weather. LOL
Unread 09-30-2009, 08:57 PM

I read Stephen King's "Bag of Bones". I have been listening to meditative and healing music. Reading the news online. Heckling my congressman on Facebook. Sleeping A LOT. Have not done much creative work or housework at all. Today I noticed that three potted plants outside were not getting the sun, and tried to move them but the sun kept moving too. Oh well.
Unread 09-30-2009, 11:25 PM

Been taking it super easy and loving every minute of it! If I don't feel like doing anything, I don't except for my walks through the house and/or back yard in the sunshine. If I'm tired, I nap, rest and watch TV. Oddly, I've found it rather easy to let the "dust bunnies" lie. If my hubby don't like it, he knows how to vacuum! I'm not risking my health for a spot-free house. It will wait cause I ain't going through this again!
I also have been listening to some of my favorite music like The Gaithers and such. Jesus music always cheers me up!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register