It's been 4 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's been 4 weeks It's been 4 weeks

Unread 04-13-2006, 10:40 AM
It's been 4 weeks

I am now at 4 weeks post LAVH.

The good news is I feel a little more normal, am starting to forget just how bad I felt prior to surgery. I also had my nails done yesterday by a really nice lady who had just had a hyst. March 1st. We had a little language barrier, but she was so excited to talk to me! Then she showed me polaroids of her uterus and fibriods, and even though she was doing well, she admitted to being tired and sore...it alwasy helps to know you aren't the only one! It really made me thankful for this site!

The bad news is that I am exhausted!!! I have been waaaay overdoing it. I am Matron of Honor in my friends wedding this Sat, and you know all the goings on with weddings and I have to be right in the middle of it all. I haven't been able to really rest in a week. The end will be here soon though.

So with all of that I am more sore than I was two weeks ago, more tired, have more discharge (not to the scarey point). And though I have lost weight, I can not fit into anything and feel so frustrated.

Then this morning the red lump on one of my incisions that busted open two weeks ago, returned and started oozing again! It had been healing back up so well! I am really dissapointed. I don't want to call the dr. again. Last time I called (to get the results of the hormone panel they took at my 2 week check) the lady in the office said in a overly patient voice "Just want to remind you that you have a 6 week check-up with dr.-- he can discuss all of this with you then."

Arrrrrgghhh!

Well, it had been a few days since I have been here so I wanted to check in and vent a little!(maybe a lot!)
Bless you all and hope you are all doing good!
Betts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2006, 11:46 AM
It's been 4 weeks

A wedding! You brave soul, you! That is alot to tackle at 4 wks.

That is frustrating about the lady reminding you of your 6 wk check-up....if you are concerned about your incision then you have every right to speak to the doctor or his nurse NOW.
My belly button incision came open and I was on the phone to the docs at 4:50pm....nurse called me back at 4:52.....I was impressed! My incision is doing better now but it's still red and seems like it is on the verge of coming open again...guess I'll show him today at my post-op.

Hope yours feels better soon and you get the much needed rest you deserve.
Take care!
Unread 04-13-2006, 12:36 PM
It's been 4 weeks

WOW BETTS
u r really brave to do a wedding. Never be afraid to voice ur concerns to ur Dr. no matter how u think they may feel. This is ur health and u only have one recovery period. Make it a healthy one. Lastly, be sure to rest as much as u can in between prep for wedding and afterwards.
Blessings and Good health
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2006, 12:44 PM
It's been 4 weeks

WOW is right. you are brave and a kind soul to do this wedding. DO whatever you can to take care of yourself....getting help when you need it. aNd as for the wedding. We gave my parents their 50 wed anniversary party(very similar to WEdding in our family) I had major surgery 1 week prior and was so puffy i had to get a different dress. I saat down for most and my husband gave the toast when it was my turn to stand up and speak. BUt i was so glad to be a part of it. Timing isnt always how we wish it to be.
Unread 04-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Can't sit for long periods of time/back pain/firmness at incision site

Is anyone else experiencing this?? Even at 4 wks, I have good days and bad days. I find it diff. to sit still for any longer than 20 min., I have slight pain when completing my urinary stream, MD advised me to get AZO Standard med., this did help and I was neg. for UTI. My incisional site is very firm and tender. Will the scar go away and how long will it be tender? I did have a bikini incision and the area above is still a little numb. I can tell that the nerves are regenerating themselves and is still very sensitive. Symptoms come and go day to day. The pain that I exp. at this point is unbelievable. Somedays I feel well, I over do it and really pay for it with back and abd. pain. A few colleages have had hyst. and they all say they didn't have this much discomfort. My fibroid was the size of a large grapefruit and my uterus had grown to the size of a 5 month preg. woman. Maybe there was alot of tugging and maneuvering necessary to remove it. I also read on a web site that hundreds of stitches are used to close the incised areas and that a cuff/ceiling is created to closed the uppr portion of the vagina. All these things may be contributing factors. I still use my Percocet and Motrin when necessary. I did allow myself 8 weeks for recovery instead of 6 b4 returning to work. When will
Unread 04-13-2006, 12:55 PM
It's been 4 weeks

No, it wasn't good timing at all! But, we have been through thick and thin together, and I was the only one out here that could help her. So we have been working on this wedding since January, through the worst of my pain before surgery and now during the recovery. I am not sorry to do it, but today I could cry because I am so tired. I know it will only get worse tommorrow and the next day!

Thanks for the boost of confidence on calling the dr. I really don't think I have been harrassing them. I have had to call 4 times since surgery, but I think they were all legitimate concerns. The lump has went back down a bit after the puss was coming out, so I will just watch it through the weekend and call monday if it doesn't get worse. They thought last time it was just a stitch that didn't dissolve right...I just don't know why it got better and now back to that again.

Thanks for letting me share my stuff!
Betts

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register